b18c1 into eg sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MistahJuice

First off please call me an idiot because that means my life will be easier^_^

Well I'm doing a b18c1 auto to manual swap into my non vtec EG LX. I have the complete GSR swap along with the obd1 engine harness and ecu. I've searched forever and keep seeing people talking about wiring this and that, but all I want to know is once I drop the motor in, do I just wire the motor to the GSR harness, than wire that to the ECU, and then wire my original civic under dash harness to the P72 ecu as well? Please say yes that's it lol

Yes. :D

No, if your wanting to do the manual to auto trans conversion.:eek:
If thats the case its a bit more complicated, but not impossible.

Sweet so I wont have to add any wires like people say since I have the whole GSR harness then. But do u mean wiring will be more complicated with the auto to manual conversion. Because I already have shift linkage, pedals, master cylinder, innovative auto to manual mounts etc. so I should be all set in that area.

you shouldnt have any issues with the auto to manual conversion.... its the other way around, i think he was talking about trying to wire up an auto trans.

Alright thanks man, I've got everything I need just worried about the wiring lol. You guys are really nice, much nicer than Honda-Tech. Thanks again.

Sweet so I wont have to add any wires like people say since I have the whole GSR harness then. But do u mean wiring will be more complicated with the auto to manual conversion. Because I already have shift linkage, pedals, master cylinder, innovative auto to manual mounts etc. so I should be all set in that area.

You will need to add a couple wires for vtec solenoid and pressure switch, since the civic is an LX. Possibly a jumper harness depending on OBD. Thats it for the most part.

Its not the wiring thats a bit complicated/technical, its the actual conversion of auto to manual. Since you have all the parts.. Do it to it.

Automatic to Manual Transmission Conversion - HondaCivicForum.com

Definitely do it. Ultimate sleeper. My 95 sedan had a GSR in it. Sort of. :D :D :D

What year is your sedan? If it's a 92' you won't have to wire Vtec. It came prewired for Vtec from the shock connector back to the ECU.

Back