b18c1 leaking oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sixth87

Hello all,

I recently just swapped a b18c1 motor and tranny into my 95 ex coupe. As you can see there is oil dripping out. Now correct me if i'm wrong but before assuming that it's warped I should change out the....

-Vtec Solenoid Gasket

And what else?

Also it's easy to see that the motors been taken apart before. The upper half looks sand blasted and much cleaner than the lower tranny area. Tranny is a 96 and motor is a 94. Also, as seen in the third pic the gasket is not OEM. Typically it would have some engravings visible on it would it not?

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

i think it looks more like the distributor o-ring and vtec solenoid o-ring, since most of the oil looks to have leaked under the dizzy and on the back side of the tranny, no really around the valve cover as far as i can tell from the pics. perhaps better pics would help...

i woul just change out the vtec solenoid gasket, dizzy oring and cam seal o ring that should run u only a couple bucks at most see if the fixes your problem. it definitely dont look like the valve cover there isnt any oil up top it seems pretty dry in the pics. if it dont fix your problem then i would check into your head gasket

I have this exact same problem with my D15b. Thanks for the answers guys. rep to all.

Back