B18C1 Main Bearing Order

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

Ok guys here my ?

I need to know how to tell wich crank bearing i need and what color,
Theres a CDCDB stamped on the block where the oil pan meets the block.

And 2nd ? hows do i tell the size and color for the rod bearings.

THANKS

Unless your extremely familiar with the block the only way I would know is to get a Haynes/Chiltons manual. It'll have the layout and numbering/coloring of the bearings in there.

NO....... the only way to tell is to take them out of the motor. From the HONDA factory they came with different bearings, because of slightly different journal sizes.

Yeah and the Chiltons should take that into account and tell you which bearing goes on which bank.

here the thing they where takin out by the person who sold me the block so the must me some easier way .Some one must now what order and color

CDCDB is,And if this is the crank bearing code.

ok get your crank journals turned and get aftermarket bearings from a machine shop, or just buy the green ones(majority of the ones that were used) and hope for the best.

I have the "B16 1994 Del Sol service manual" but i dont know if it works for a GS-R B18C1 ..

And should i get the MAin crank & Rod bearings from A)honda dealer ,B) the ACura Dealer or C) it doesnt matter there the same bearings

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 26 2003, 11:53 PM
Yeah and the Chiltons should take that into account and tell you which bearing goes on which bank.

again....... NO...... the banks take all the same color. And chiltons has no idea which one you have.

Originally posted by arpee79@Dec 26 2003, 11:57 PM
I have the "B16 1994 Del Sol service manual" but i dont know if it works for a GS-R B18C1 ..

And should i get the MAin crank & Rod bearings from A)honda dealer ,B) the ACura Dealer or C) it doesnt matter there the same bearings

no it won't work, and either dealor will be fine. They all come from HONDA anyway.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 26 2003, 11:58 PM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 26 2003, 11:53 PM

again....... NO...... the banks take all the same color. And chiltons has no idea which one you have.

Chiltons is engine specific...are you telling me that Acura made EVERY journal in the c1 different from one engine to the next? <_<

Ok i called my friend says they where 2 greens bearings 2 yellow and 1 black
now what order would they go in. Should the block tell me with the letters stamped on it . .Anyone.

I see no color on the caps ,he said only the bearings where diffrent colors 2 green 2 yellow 1 black ok this solve the Main bearing PRoBLem execpt for the order..

I think C = Green ....D=yellow B=Black
now the CDCDB start from the water pump side and end facing the Flywheel.

Im 75 percent sure this is the way it goes..

Now i need to find out the Rod Bearing Colors and Order.

you can't just buy any bearings.... you need to buy honda bearings. that companywill guve you some "general" bearings that will fit but not perfectly. If you can find out where those bearings went it will really help you, and that would be the proper way of doing it.

Originally posted by arpee79@Dec 27 2003, 12:11 AM
I see no color on the caps ,he said only the bearings where diffrent colors 2 green 2 yellow 1 black ok this solve the Main bearing PRoBLem execpt for the order..

I think C = Green ....D=yellow B=Black
now the CDCDB start from the water pump side and end facing the Flywheel.

Im 75 percent sure this is the way it goes.. rod bearings should be all the same color.

Now i need to find out the Rod Bearing Colors and Order.

sounds good! but that could be just coincidence.

I know most of all the PEEPS here have done this I know they have it will take them a couple on minutes to respond to this thread I HOPE.

Back