B18C1 Main Bearing Order

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 26 2003, 11:57 PM-->
ok get your crank journals turned and get aftermarket bearings from a machine shop, or just buy the green ones(majority of the ones that were used) and hope for the best.
theB16tegguy
@ Dec 27 2003, 12:13 AM
you can't just buy any bearings.... you need to buy honda bearings. that companywill guve you some "general" bearings that will fit but not perfectly. If you can find out where those bearings went it will really help you, and that would be the proper way of doing it.

:hmm: You told him to just go buy any old bearings from a machine shop, and then told him you can't buy aftermarket bearings because they're "general" bearings even though they're specific applications on that page. <_<

DUDE!!!!!!!! I said for the machine shop to TURN his crank(do you know what that is?) Ok, they will custom fit their bearings to fit properly and the reason he must get these HONDA bearings is because he is not turning his crank!!!!!! WTF!!!

I know i can get aftermarket main bearings & rods bearing all green but they dont fit the way they are supposed to ,I bought some for my B16 all green and most of them almost SPUN,So i know now they must GO IN THE CORRECT COLOR SIZE AND ORDER.I just need to know if the CRANK & BLOCK WILL TELL ME WICH COLOR AND ORDER>THEY GO IN.

I dont wanna mess with the crank at all <I want to do it with OEM PARTS

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 27 2003, 12:23 AM
DUDE!!!!!!!! I said for the machine shop to TURN his crank(do you know what that is?) Ok, they will custom fit their bearings to fit properly and the reason he must get these HONDA bearings is because he is not turning his crank!!!!!! WTF!!!

So aftermarket bearings fitted for the B18c1 wouldn't work? You know that just sounds soooo stupid to you but when you think about it, he's going to have to turn his crank anyway since every single B18 is different from each other. :roll:

:lol: haha!!!! :lol: yea right!!!! That IS the funniest shit I've heard all night!!!! :bo: :bo: I'm not going to ruin another post tonight so please just stop.

Dude. I dunno what your problem is, but I've already helped him out a hell of a lot more than you have. You just drove him into a circle and brought him straight back to his original question. I've just tried to get some answers to him, while you keep on argueing with me.

Anyway, arpee...i would suggest trying to look up the order in a chiltons/haynes. and if that doesn't work try a shop or the ones i gave in the link.

HELP I NEED HELP

THere is a Easy way of knowing what ,where the color bearring GO .I just need pointing in the right direction

This is whats on the block CDCDB . :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

THANKS TO both of you Even if you remind me of my little Brothers Fighting. lol

the block has a stamp code where the oilpan gasket touches the block, and that has the codes letters fro the block main bearings. mathc these with a factory crank's markings / stamp code and youre all set.

this pic should help. i think the letters go from flywheel to crank pulley?
s3ff0b4ec57e70.jpg

you can use aftermarket bearings, ACL would be the way to go. their honda kits usually come within spec. make sure you plastigauge everything!

Awesome This is what i needed to verify that i was going to do it the right way.
As for the bearing im sticking with OEM bearings.

THANKS AGAIN ........B16..........

theres the code on the block and theres numbers stamped on the crank

now you get the numbers and letters togather and look at a chart in the repair manual

a b c d e

so you go like a2 that would be a certain color

same for the rod barings

Back