b18c1 mild build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

proj*ek_faxanadu

k, i got a 96 dx and i got the gsr and i want to build it a lil b4 i swap the beast in. yeah, yeah... its another one of these threads. hehe, what do you guys think of this setup?

GSR
Skunk2 stage 1 camshafts
Skunk2 cam gears
Skunk2 intake manifold
Stage 1 Port and polish head
Intake – AEM
Header - AN-R 4-1
Hi Flow Cat Converter
Exhaust – Greddy Evo Catback
Hondata s200 stage2+boost

210hp area?

im planning on pushing low boost after awhile (not for a long time)
thanks guys.

If you're going to pay 850 on stage one cams, why not just pay the extra 55.60 and get stage 2s? They recommond valvetrain upgrade anyway

maybe i should, i need to look into prices for a new valvetrain with that setup. my budget is the only thing thats holding me back.
+, iv heard that s2 cams might affect emmisions... correct me if im wrong.

any modification you do to your car will effect emissions, high flow cat included.

Also if you plan on going NA now, and then low boost later... what size exhaust from Greddy are you going for? 2 1/4 is good for NA, 2.5+ is good for boost, depending on how much.

My greddy exhuast right now is 2.5 so its kinda inbetween both boost and n/a right now.
well, i have to get a new cat becuase the one on my dx is part of the header... or i could just go to a junkyard and get one off a si or something.

Just get one off a GSR since you want to put a GSR motor in there.

cool, thx for the info.
where do you think im at hp wise? an estimated 210hp sounds about right?

Well a GSR starts 170 hp flywheel, maybe 145-150 whp, so I'd guess you'd get about 10-15...

I know you won't gain that much power at the wheels with just a few bolt ons... but it's almost impossible to tell.

Only way to know is to dyno it, but don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed.

I would say, about 170-175 hp would be about right. 210 hp N/A takes a lot more cam and compression.

Back