b18c1 N/A building!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good man. :thumbsup:

hey Luis, (that`s your real name right?) well i finished to read your thread last night, and now i have a clear view of many things. BTW a lot of usefull info.
It helped me to decide to build my engine for boost first. And like you said: start piece by piece.
i will save some more money and after doing my reserches and be sure of what i`m going to use to build, i will probably doing the block and head work togeter. (and start thinking on turbos later) since it is my dd car, so i don`t have anyother car to use. or maybe i should get a nother ride.:huh:

hey Luis, (that`s your real name right?) well i finished to read your thread last night, and now i have a clear view of many things. BTW a lot of usefull info.
It helped me to decide to build my engine for boost first. And like you said: start piece by piece.
i will save some more money and after doing my reserches and be sure of what i`m going to use to build, i will probably doing the block and head work togeter. (and start thinking on turbos later) since it is my dd car, so i don`t have anyother car to use. or maybe i should get a nother ride.:huh:

That's me. :D I'm glad you got a lot of useful information from my thread. My build is still in the works and will be for quite some time. Mostly because I have dedicated my funds nowadays to buying suspension and brake parts. After all, you can go as fast as you want, but if you can't stop then Houston, we have a problem.

It's a shame that your engine isn't out of your car right now. It would be a lot easier to work on it, in my opinion, without interfering with your DD. The block for my EG isn't even in the state right now. haha A VERY reliable and COMPETENT person has it, as I just finished paying it off last month. I am also paying off my Hondata S300, which of course will be used for tuning.

An inexpensive way to tune your car, a MUST, would be to use Crome. I have learned that a lot of people use it and it is FREE. Most tuners out there would be able to tune with it as well.

Now that I lost my train of thought after having multi-tasked the shit out of myself, read a few other e-mails while reading this one and done a gazillion other things...haha...I'll change the tune a bit.

First, are you considering getting an inexpensive second car in order to be able to work on yours? Mind you, I did this only because my hatchback was VERY affordable one, two, I can afford to do this and three, the insurance is next to nothing. Think about those things before you get yourself into another car. After all, there might be things on that car that you may have to fix up and your focus, as it has been emphasized to me, needs to remain on your current project.

With that said, what are your plans for your block and head as far as parts and work you would like done on it? I would suggest contacting a few machine shops and what have you, around your area, to get an idea of pricing. After all, to do things properly is not cheap but definitely VERY smart. With that I must leave as I have to go to work now...then work after that. YAY! Keep me updated and umm, what is your name? :D

Back