1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c1 not starting

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by p2592b, Jul 29, 2007.

1. p2592b

p2592b New Member

Hi I have a 1999 civic coupe with a 1998 b18c1 rebuilt with integra type r internals, skunk 2 stage 2 cams and gears, with a pro series intake manifold, short ram intake, apexi ws2 exhaust, 310 injectors, new spark plugs, ngk spark plug wires, Hondata s300 and stock headers and I still have a cat on my exhaust. About a week ago my speedometer went out, but it has been driving fine maybe a little rich. I was driving it last night on the highway in 5th gear at about 3 grand, I went to accelerate and it didn't accelerate at all I tried this three times before downshifting to fourth and it was still barely pulling, I immediately pulled off of the highway and my car just kept stalling at everytime I took my foot of off the gas. I went to a gas station and vacum hose on the intake manifold was off [​IMG] I reattached it and drove it 5 blocks to my house. It was still stalling everytime I took my foot off of the gas. Today it won't start at all, and black smoke shot out of the throttle body when I had the intake off today and let off of the starter. The o2 sensor closest to the cat is bad as well. When I try to start it, it sounds like it wants to start but won't turnover. Any ideas? Thank You

2. p2592b

p2592b New Member

bump

3. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

are you getting any spark?

4. p2592b

p2592b New Member

I checked the spark and cylinder 2 and 3 have no spark. Any ideas?

5. N/A b18c1

N/A b18c1 Mysterious

Your best chances are to make sure the spark plugs are gapped...Should be Iriduim Plugs....For the B18C1 like mines, the gap is .040...my was to missing firing in cylinder 2 and car was jerking, i gapped it and it work fine right now....It might be that the plugs are shot through internally through the end to the other end where the plug wire clips onto...Can be due to bad rotor or dis. cap....which i doubt it would be those two... main things to remember is when it doesnt spark at a few cylinders its either...PLUG WIRES or SPARK PLUGS....

Goodluck!:ph34r:

6. p2592b

p2592b New Member

My plugs were just replaced about a week ago when I had my hondata installed and tuned. When I checked for the spark I just induvidually put the spark plug wires near a ground wire and only 1 and 4 sparked, I never pulled the plugs and tested them. Would that then make it the dis. cap?

7. N/A b18c1

N/A b18c1 Mysterious

It can probably be anything from wires,plugs, to dis.cap and rotor...

Start off with the cheap stuff....as in dis.cap and rotor if you gonna do any repairs..

8. j429b

j429b New Member

The rotor and cap were replaced yesterday and still nothing. I have been looking at distributors now. Do you guys think MSD is worth it?

9. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

Check your coil, I just had to do one in my gsr, it was misfiring all over the place, changed the coil and all is good.

10. dtob

dtob New Member

Do the plug wires before you do the dizzy. Its cheaper and might fix it. If not then you have new plug wires.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted