B18c1 or B18c5 HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thekid3

hey guys,

92 hatch with a D16z6 i am planning a B18 swap but trying to decide wether to go with the gsr, or the Type r engine? Everyone says depends on what you r using it for. I plan on using it for everyday driving as well as some street racing of course otherwise wats the point in going with a B18.. i dont plan on boosting, i want to go NA the way.. Now with that said what should i do? looking forward to your advice thanks..

well lots of ppl are gona say c1 and save your money for mods with whats left, but i say what the hell if you got the money why not, but i would put the b18c in there not the c5

ok thanks, does anyone know how much it will cost for the full gsr engine? (im talking tranny ecu etc...)

If you plan to stay NA I say the c5 swap is what you're looking for. IMO, the money you'd save by getting the c1 swap over the c5 swap will just be used to buy parts that the c5 already comes with. Plus the c5 head is already mildly ported and the tranny is geared for better acceleration and has LSD.

If you plan to stay NA I say the c5 swap is what you're looking for. IMO, the money you'd save by getting the c1 swap over the c5 swap will just be used to buy parts that the c5 already comes with. Plus the c5 head is already mildly ported and the tranny is geared for better acceleration and has LSD.

im gonna half agree/disagree with you

I think the c1 is a better purchase for someone looking for a DD that he may or may not be modding in the future. Its easier to get parts for and it's more fun to see the progress your engine has made since you've owned it. That's my personally outlook on it.

Whatever you do, TAKE B16RacerN2NR's advice when he says get the LSD transmission. If you don't, you're just going to end up wanting it 6 months later.

im gonna half agree/disagree with you

I think the c1 is a better purchase for someone looking for a DD that he may or may not be modding in the future. Its easier to get parts for and it's more fun to see the progress your engine has made since you've owned it. That's my personally outlook on it.

Whatever you do, TAKE B16RacerN2NR's advice when he says get the LSD transmission. If you don't, you're just going to end up wanting it 6 months later.
You got a point. I just never think of anyone of us NOT wanting to mod our motors lol.

having owned both and dd both, i def say itr ( i dd a ek w/ a b18c-r). the factory performance is unbeatable and you still get your honda gas mileage and reliability. and ive also noticed that the jdm itr swaps have come down in price alot. and the lsd makes the car so much more badass...

I've owned both. The gsr swap got better mileage by 3-4mpg on the highway. It also makes better for cruising due to its taller 5th gear and different final drive. The type r swap is noticably quicker, tho the gsr felt stronger under 4k. The close gearing makes it much more fun to rip on around town, and the stock lsd is much easier to come across than for a jsm gsr. I agree with the other posters. If you plan on going n/a or leaving the engine close to stock, go for the c5. If boost is in the future, go with the gsr. I supercharged by gsr and it ripped. The lower compression makes it easier to tune and more reliable.

gsr engine swap quote

ok thanks, does anyone know how much it will cost for the full gsr engine? (im talking tranny ecu etc...)

i just bought a 1999 gsr (b18c1) with s80 trans all gsr parts for $3500.. theres a place in alabama called D&D.. heres a number if u wanna inquire.. my engine i bought has 77k and runs great. (256)828-6571. ask for Robert. hope u will find wut ur looking for ;)

i just bought a 1999 gsr (b18c1) with s80 trans all gsr parts for $3500.. theres a place in alabama called D&D.. heres a number if u wanna inquire.. my engine i bought has 77k and runs great. (256)828-6571. ask for Robert. hope u will find wut ur looking for ;)

i forgot to mention.. it comes with shift linkage, stock motor mts, wire harness, cv drive shafts.. but stipulation is only engine/x-mission have 60-day warranty..

99-00 civic si engine brackets

hey i need to know where the hell i can find 99-00 civ si engine brackets??? i need the timing belt side bracket and the rear engine bracket so i can drop the b18c1 in my civic.. i ordered the "EKSTK" Hasport motor mounts. can anyone help me??? much appreciated ;)

Thanks for all of your help guys. I really appreciate it.. im still thinking of which enging 2 get i do not plan on boosting.. I want to stay all engine. building it stronger by upgrading the cams, intake etc.. I was wondering which engine would be best for this, and what upgrades i should do

Thanks for all of your help guys. I really appreciate it.. im still thinking of which enging 2 get i do not plan on boosting.. I want to stay all engine. building it stronger by upgrading the cams, intake etc.. I was wondering which engine would be best for this, and what upgrades i should do

from what you just said the itr swap is the choice. its already got some of the best oem cams, intake manifold and head work from the factory.. as far as upgrades a a exhaust and air intake just like any other honda. you could do a header but the itr headers flow great on there own.

An itr swap makes for a fun, reliable, and quick car when installed in a light civic chassis. Yes, it may be the most expensive b series, but with it you get the most powerful b swap, with the most aggressively geared trans and an lsd. I will never own an open diff fwd car after driving my itr equipped ek.

werd to that. if i got a new (to her) honda for the wife, adding a LSD would definitely be one of the first things i did.

ok i think im gonna go with the itr which is the b18c5 right? .. anyone know where i can get a good deal on one of theses?

you'll find pretty much unanimous support for hmotorsonline. i've had good luck with them with my swap and the other two i've helped with.

Ya I'd go with the C5 as well for what you want to do, LSD is amazing.

If you were going to boost it or do some serious mods I'd say to go GSR but if you are just doing some mild mods ITR is the way to go.

whats the diff i was going to drop a b18c1 in my 95 honda civic ex coupe and i was wondering what are considerd mild mods and serious mods?

Back