b18c1 or b20 or b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

Finally tore down my b18c1 and had two melted pistons, brought the block to the machine shop and the tech told me that the pistons were 81.5mm and that the walls of the block where out of orignal shape, i had bought the block with no known history of it je pistons with eagle rods, compression unknown as well engine dynoed at 178whp with a oem ITR head tuned on chrome. He told me that i would have to bore the block and buy 82mm pistons. My question would b should keep the b18c1 or lsvtec the my setups since i have to bore and buy pistons regardless? mchinist quetoed 320 hp with my nitrous setup would b risky with the 82mm bore on the b18c1. 320 being my power goal for my set up.:confused::confused::confused: just need a idea on where to start on this project.

That was the 1st ? the machinist asked me who tuned it. so block is garabge isnt it? i figured since his facial expression said it all.

how do you know if the block is bad when you buy it i have a b18b1 and i dont want to have to get another block :-(

Gotta measure the walls and pistons to check for sizing, then you gotta check if the block cyl walls are put of shape with a micro gauage

Back