B18c1, P30 ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLSHB

first off, I have a 1994 Del Sol VTEC, with the B16a3 engine... 110k miles

I want to pull the B16, and drop in a GSR longblock.

I would like opinions on running my stock P30 ECU on it, abd replace the stock Intake Manifold for a Skunk2 one. by deleting the IAB solenoid wiring, it should be a "plug&play" deal.

Now, the real question is this, will the P30 fuel maps be adequate enough to allow for the .2 liters of added displacement? Or will I have to add an AFC to compensate?

There are no problems with the engine I have now, but i think the GSR will be a better building platform, with the immproved ring land design and added torque.

I don't want to buy the JDM GSR computer, as I don't want to have to wire around the Speed limiter..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

as long as the b18c is a 94 or 95, it will be plug and play. if you get a 96+, a couple wire harness changes will need to be done.

as far as fueling goes... it will be a little off, but should run you for the time being. I'd defintlly look into getting a vafc though.

while this doesn't talk at all about the p72 gsr ecu, its a good "read" for what you are doing.
https://hondaswap.com/~pills/chet_ecu.html

Back