1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c1, P30 ECU

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by EGLSHB, Feb 2, 2004.

1. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

first off, I have a 1994 Del Sol VTEC, with the B16a3 engine... 110k miles

I want to pull the B16, and drop in a GSR longblock.

I would like opinions on running my stock P30 ECU on it, abd replace the stock Intake Manifold for a Skunk2 one. by deleting the IAB solenoid wiring, it should be a "plug&play" deal.

Now, the real question is this, will the P30 fuel maps be adequate enough to allow for the .2 liters of added displacement? Or will I have to add an AFC to compensate?

There are no problems with the engine I have now, but i think the GSR will be a better building platform, with the immproved ring land design and added torque.

I don't want to buy the JDM GSR computer, as I don't want to have to wire around the Speed limiter..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

as long as the b18c is a 94 or 95, it will be plug and play. if you get a 96+, a couple wire harness changes will need to be done.

as far as fueling goes... it will be a little off, but should run you for the time being. I'd defintlly look into getting a vafc though.

while this doesn't talk at all about the p72 gsr ecu, its a good "read" for what you are doing.
    http://www.hondaswap.com/~pills/chet_ecu.html

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i was going to lnk the same thing lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted