B18C1 problems!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EJ1B18C

whats up guys i have a 94 GSR and for some reason its not reving past 6700, ill get on it and it will shut down a 6700 it feels like at 6700 wot i turn the car off and a week ago it was fine reving out to 8200 truoble free but im confused its not throwing code. can anyone help me out and has anyone else had the same truoble??

well my freind had the same problem in his prelude... one of his intake manifold butterflies was broken.... and then he replaced his tps.... and then worked just fine after that...

funny thing is that his would only go to abou 4200... lmao...

i dont think its my butter flys cause there sitting in my shop, i put a intake mani on it but im think its the dis cause i tried to go through the rpms again and it did it still but i i notice it was like it stop sparking in high rpm then i let the rpms drop about 2800 and tried to drive normal and it was bogging bad like it had way too much fuel and after it, but i can smell gas so i asume it got to be the dis plus it has a small oil leak throgh the dis it goes from the seal inside the dis and leaks out of the cap.maybe be a sensor got f-ed up?? i dont know, but the car drive perfectly fine gas mileage is the same pulls the same untill 6700 and dosent have any problems while driveing normal. but what do you guys think??

thanks

oil getting through your dizzy, especially into the electrical components will definatel fowl it up, causing the problem you discribed.

ok it just no started throwing code 8 but it wont throw it all the time its a TDC Sensor, is there anyway i could maybe fix it maybe its oiled up and not getting a good solid conection what do you guy think, cause like i said its been acting up for two weeks now and threw a code once today and thats it.

no its fine its more like a rev then bog down then idle not a rev and hold and that rpm. i found the problem i just need some cash now for a new dizzy, cause i dont feel like messing with this dizzy. it leaks oil into the sensor area.(inside the dizzy)

Back