B18C1 Rebuild Questions!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WRSXman

Hey guys, i got a 94' GSR, im rebuilding the motor right now so i can eventually turbo it, as far as parts go ive got the main internal stuff, crank, low comp. pistons and rods, but now i need a gasket kit, and a head gasket, anyone have any suggestions on what to go with where to get them and stuff specific for my application? Thanks, anything helps!!!

The OEM Honda head gasket is popular for builds. Cometic makes gaskets too that are supposedly better for higher cylinder pressures. I went with a Felpro gasket because a buddy of mine had one laying around and it was free! Nissan people have used Felpro with success, hopefully I will too.

You mentioned that you bought a crank... b series honda crankshafts are good for 600+ hp

What are the goals for your build? Stock internals are good at 350 whp with a good tune by the way!

shit man eagle rods cp pistons make sure you get the arp 2000 bolts with those rods thats what you need and you set cp 9:1 compression i saw a 10.2 second car on stock sleeves

and as for my goal...idk don't really have one, just kinda want a reliable fast integra, so im attempting to not cut any corners...

With 8:1 its gonna be really laggy untill you hit boost. To get 9:1 you either have to get new pistons, or you could have the head milled down. It it were me I would just get new slugs.

8:1 is fine for a turbo build....youre going to lose a little bit of horsepower, but your tuner will love you for that decision.

whoops i made a mistake they are actually 9:1, also, so who do i talk to at cometic to get this head gasket?

and oh ya as far as that gasket kit goes, two things, whats the difference between the autozone one and this one, and what is included in it, the site doesn't say

also, if anyone knows how to install a buddy club vtec controller, and either can tell me or send me a link to a site or thread that has the directions itd be much, much appreciated

it comes with the head gasket, valve cover gasket, intake/exhaust manifold gaskets, valve guides, cam seals, and a couple other things. everything for the head... if you want to trust autozone and save some money its up to you, but honda is proven

the arp 2000 bolts are the bolt in the rods with those bolts in the ealge h beam rods there good up to 900 hp. thats what they are don't get the older rods make sure you get the new ones and they will come with the 2000 bolts if you get the older model you can't more than 350 hp.

ok, so if the kit i ordered says that its good for 900 hp does that me they have the newer bolts in them?? Also, when ordering the head gasket i saw all those dif. dimesions...how i determine what is the best one to buy???

well itd be 9:1 i believe so does anyone know what thickness that is??

well if the pistons are for 9:1 CR on a gsr motor, I'm guessing thats for a stock thickness gasket. IDK what that its, just do a search.

Back