b18c1 ?'s for honda doctors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

andrewd_89

Alright heres a couple questions for all you experienced honda doctors out there. I just recently bought a jdm b18c1 obd2 motor to swap out with my usdm b18c1 obd2 motor, the ecu is an obd2a p72. The shop i have it at says everything was hooked up except the crank fluctuation sensor, so i told them to do the ckf bypass trick. That didnt work so i told them to reset the ecu and that didnt work either.

My car is no doubt in "limp home" mode, it will not rev over 2k rpms driving or in neutral. Now the CEL is throwing all sorts of different codes from the TPS, IACV, O2, and a couple others i forgot what they were. My question is is if you had one major sensor go out say a knock sensor...would that make all those other sensors show up since they are shut off for limp home mode, or would the ecu still get readings off of them. Or could it be possible that the whole ecu is just fried and not sending voltage to any of the sensors period.

I dont know i am really in a stump here im usually pretty good with honda motors but i have never came across something like this before. The car is turboed and has a tuned ecu so i would love to take what ever route does not include replacing the ecu so i dont have to get it tuned again.

And my last question of the day is what needs to be out of whack to get your ecu into limp home mode? Any thoughts of this would be greatly appreciated even the slightest experience on this topic could help alot

Back