b18c1 startup problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

first of all i just put my b18c1 in my 93 DX and when i first start up it boggles at like 300 rpm and is running really rich with black smoke coming out. This only last for like 10 mins then it shoots to 800 and it seems normal. This happens only when i start it up when it hasnt been running for a hour or more. Also my civic has a map sensor on the firewal but my b18 has a map sensor too on the I/M. which do i use? Also i did not wire the pink/blue wire because on my integra it was cut off and so i didnt know where it was supposed to go, what wire is that? One last thing, the vtec kicks in really low, like at 4800 well at least the loud sound part. i know that thats not the most agressive stage or what ever its called but is it supposed to be that low? because i think i remember driving my gsr and i would hear the loud sound till like 5800. But i still feel the vtec pull at like 5800-6 or somewhere around there. Does anyone have any help for me??

THANKS

on the gsr engine vtec hits at 4400 rpms stock. then the secondaries come on at like 5800. you will feel more of a pull from the secondaries opening then vtec, since when vtec engages the secondaries are still only partially open. if you rev slowly while driving, say in 2nd gear, you should hear the engagement twice, first at 4400 when vtec kicks in, then at 5800 when the secondaries engage.

Back