b18c1 stroked???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joedeezy

i have made a post on this before but still undecided. i have a b18c1 block and wanted to build it n/a. looking for 200whp. plan on using type-r head and ls crank and rods. my question is, would be reasonable to go with that setup or should i stick with the stock crank and rods and throw on some pistons? what do you people think?

Save yourself the aggitation my son.. a stock b18c with a lightweight flywheel, nice full exhaust (no e-bay jimmmy jawns') and a cold ass air intake will have you right at about 200 HP

For instance I test drove an rsx type s and raced a gsr with a full exhaust pulled ahead about two car lengths after 3rd gear vtec

Save yourself the aggitation my son.. a stock b18c with a lightweight flywheel, nice full exhaust (no e-bay jimmmy jawns') and a cold ass air intake will have you right at about 200 HP

For instance I test drove an rsx type s and raced a gsr with a full exhaust pulled ahead about two car lengths after 3rd gear vtec

:asshat: ^

you will obviously make nowhere near 200whp with only a cai and exhaust. you will be lucky to gain a few hp. and im sure if you are talking about building a complete engine you already have the bolt-ons covered...

it sounds like you have a pretty good plan, and im sure with a good tune you will make great power. im not sure how much of a difference it will really make changing the crank, probably just a small shift in the powerband.

Last edited:

Are you retarded?

There's no way in hell that would ever reach 200 hp, flywheel and surely not at the wheels.

Save the money you'd spend on stroking the GSR, and boost it. Done.

head work, compression and tuning are gonna be your main targets, you get like 50ccs from a ls crank. not worth it imo. just go high com pistons, some solid rods, get some head work and some nice cams.

Not even... I'm pretty sure you only get 37cc gain from the LS geometry. If you have the crank, rods and pistons to make it work, and you can put up with selecting all new bearings, go for it. It's a nice setup- but it's definitely not going to make an earth shattering difference. I did run an 89mm crank in my GSR block for several builds, but I had the means to do so and a ton of parts to pick from. Do it if you want to do it, but don't base your power goals wholly on a 1.8mm increase in stroke.

Now if you're going to go large bore, that extra tiny bit of stroke matters more and more...

Back