b18c1 swap into a 00civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

meshca

So, my budget is roughly 8k for this project:

B18c1 complete swap
port and polish the heads performance valves,
valve springs cams,
camshaft, etc.
garrett or turbonetics Turbo kit.
new suspension
new brakes
new clutch
new flywheel

Would this budget be enough in your opinion? or does it require way more then what i have right now?

keep in mind i will do the swap myself, except for teh sleeving/etc. it's my first swap but you have to start somewhere.. i dont want to be a moron forever.

and where would i find a harness for the engine? i'd need an adapter if it's not 98-00 engine right?

Don't get mad if u think i'm a noob, because i am, so let the flames roll, just don't forget to answer my questions =)

Ok, you figure 3,600 for the swap (prices seem to be around there), if you go for the LSD (recommended) theres another 300, so that puts you around 4,000.
Garrett or turbonetics turbo kit - 2k-3k depending... you will most likely need fuel management, boost controller, gauges, etc.
So figure another 4k for the turbo (if you buy nice stuff, in a kit).
That puts you at 8k. on stock internals, no clutch, no flywheel. If you were to set your budget at about 9, you could probably do something to the valvetrain and a clutch/flywheel.

thnk you =) hmm 9k.. i'll have to squeeze some funds outa d/f places heh.

Back