1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c1 Swap Into My Civic Questions

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by BIGJOSEPH, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

Hey I Have A 1993 Civic Dx Non Vtech And I Am Looking To Do A B18c1 Gsr Swat Into It, The Kit Im Looking At Has The Motor Trans, Ecu, Axles, Ac Compressor, Alternator, Distributor, Intake And Everthing, I Was Wondering What Kind Of Harness I Need To Work The Vtech Since Mine Does Not Have It Now, And Also What Else Will I Need Besides Motor Mounts Shifter Linkage And Exhaust, Thanks

2. ls/vtechatch91

ls/vtechatch91 New Member

u wouldnt need to change the harness.. just find the right pinouts on the ecu harness then run the vtec wires....

3. Team_Asterisk

Team_Asterisk R0T0R WH0R3

Umm, dude...before doing an engine swap, do you perhaps want to figure out your typing? I mean, you capitalized like, EVERY word regardless if it needed it or not! Anyway, good luck with the swap, I hope it works out!

4. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

for the most part it is just a simple swap most of it is just plug in and a few splices and is there anything else that i should take note of.
    thanks

5. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

and also can you run ac after you install the swap the clearances look pretty close.

6. get0nslimslevel

get0nslimslevel DA BUSINESS AUTO CLUB

it Does Fit But Do You Really Need A/c That Bad?

7. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

I Guess Not But It Would Be Nice, Is It A Pretty Simple Job I Am More Of A V8 And Truck Guy

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Is the capitalizing of every word really necessary? Oh, and it's "VTEC", not "Vtech".

9. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Lol, people here are so sensitive of the Vtec spelling.

Yes, it's just a bolt-in swap. Easy. You only need what you said, motor, tranny, ecu, mounts, axels, linkage, etc. It all bolts right up. The vtec wires you can either run yourself, or you can buy a vtec subharness from Rywire - Online Store .

I'm 16 and I just did a D2D swap my first one and it came out great just have to wire up Vtec and I'm finished. Just to give you an idea of how simple it is, that's the first time I ever did more on a car than an oil change or a brake pad. And if you need any help, there's plenty of engine swap write-ups on this site and more.

10. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Who you callin' sensitive, biotch?!? :p

Anyway, I think it's justified. VTEC is an acronym, every letter stands for something. The T-E-C isn't meant to be read as "tech", but that's how everyone seems to think it works. I just think that if these people actually hope to successfully tune their Honda cars, they should at least know basic things like this...

11. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

Thanks For The Help 93civic Racer.

12. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

O And Where Is Work The Computer Stays On Caps Unless You Hold Shift Key To Undercase It And Its Not Worth Holding It To Me

13. BIGJOSEPH

BIGJOSEPH Big Joseph

also i was considering putting the skunk2 intake manifold on the gsr and it says a little modifieng required i was wondering if anyone knew what needed to be modified, and also i was going to put cam geers injectors and what size throttle body should i put.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted