B18c1 swap now wont rev above 3000 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay here's the deal, I just completed a swap (B18c1) into my 92 Si hatch everything is hooked up except for the o2 sensor and the knock sensor. The problem is car won't rev above 3000 rpm while at a stand still, but if I'm driving it then it will rev above 3000 rpm's but studders at about 5000 rpm's. I'm new to the swap scene so any information will not be too obvious for me. Thanks.

You kinda answered your own question, The 02 and knock sensor need to be hooked up. What kind of ECU are you running though, That might be the problem.

KNock sensor. If the ECU isn't receiving hte A-ok from it, it puts the motor into limp mode. Hook it and your o2 up.

On that note, why not try finishing the swap before asking why it isn't working right?

Thanks guys, I just got the Knock sensor in today. I'll try that after work and post up. I don't know the technical names for the ecu's but its the ecu from the 92 Si hatch (D16z6) can you tell me what ecu that is???? Thanks for the help.....

im having problems with the same thing , mine wont rev up past 3 , if i come up with somethig ill let you know.sam

I had issues where mine wouldn't rev over 5k. Turns out that since my car sat for 6 months, I had alot of deposits in my fuel tank that were clogging up my fuel pickup. If your ignition checks out ok, might wanna turn your attention to your fuel system.

i tryied on my car and no codes would show? should i just try anouther computer on mine?

Back