B18C1 Swap problem in delsol !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPalace

We just did B18C1 Swap in our delsol and everything went well. We got the car running but for some strange reason as soon as we start the car it revs at 4k and stays there. I have not done any wiring; just connect all the plugs but I was told the car should run fine without messing with any of the Vtech wiring. Anyone knows what we should check next, any help is appreciated!!

By the way, engine light is not on !

Last edited:
We removed the cable right after we start it up to be sure.
I'll check on the valve to night !! Any other suggestions ??

Try checking your ecu. Sounds to me like you have an ecu for an automatic. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help guys!! I guess we just had to run it for a little longer. It cleaned out itself and now it runs just fine after couple of run around street.

But I have couple of questions,

On top of the upper hose inlet on the motor, there is a small fitting, where should I connect that to?? I know it should connect to a fitting on back of thermostat housing but our motor doesn't have that. for now I just blocked it but I feel that’s not right !!

Now, where is the best place to look for wiring information? I did some search and went over the wiring. It seems our car already has the wiring for the vtech since I Have the A4 and A20 wires already and I just need to run the A17 and D6 !!
Where is D connector ?? and where do you guys get the extra pins ??

Thanks sean

Well, I figured most of the wiring and the only thing I don't know is how to connect the knock sensor. Where is this D plug at? I know I have to connect the red/Blue wire from engine harness to D3 but where is it ?? I know the obd1 ECU only has A/B/C plugs.

Anyone knows the location of D3 plug ??

10d1100714226-obd1.jpg

Back