b18c1 swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I resently swaped a 99' b18c1 in a 92 civic CX . and when I was done the motor started fine and everything I thought was good ,later that day the motor started acting up and it would rev past 4000 rpms, then I checked my wiring ( I intergrated obd1 to obd2 on da dizzy) .the wiring was fine. I checked for codes,NONE. I then thought it was the computer but we ran the ecu in another car and it was fine,yet there was an incident were when we removed the ecu (obd1 p72) it was smoking, so we tired a p28 and that smoked as well but when they were plugged in other car they still worked fine
, I checked the injectors no problems there. when I checked the spark plugs they had been fouled by fuel yet still when we changed them no start , timing was fine and now I just stumped ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS

an ECU should never smoke dude

that's the problem for sure- maybe your OBD 2 => OBD I conversion isn't quite right bro?

dunno why you wouldn't just use the stock harness on the motor, it plugs right in

it was the IAT senor on the intake manifold my wiring was correct on the dizzy it was just that on obd1 the wires are switch around on the IAT connector. I had to replace the sensor which was fried to death and used a obd1 IAT sensor and the damn thing runs like a charm

Back