b18c1 swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c1vic

I just did an obd2 b18c1 swap to my 00 ex. i have a couple questions, i didnt hook up my dual stage butterflies, so they should be in the always open position, but my car seems to pull very hard at 6k all the way to redline. I heard that it should pull at 5800 cause of the secondary butterflies opening up. Just wondering if that is normal and the car is just hitting the powerband. Also on a cold startup my idle bounces from 1800 down to 1300 continuously until the car is at a normal operating temperature and then it idles perfect. Anyone know why it would be doing that also?

I just did an obd2 b18c1 swap to my 00 ex. i have a couple questions, i didnt hook up my dual stage butterflies, so they should be in the always open position, but my car seems to pull very hard at 6k all the way to redline. I heard that it should pull at 5800 cause of the secondary butterflies opening up. Just wondering if that is normal and the car is just hitting the powerband. Also on a cold startup my idle bounces from 1800 down to 1300 continuously until the car is at a normal operating temperature and then it idles perfect. Anyone know why it would be doing that also?
You should either eliminate your IAB's with a skunk2 manifold, or wire them correctly. (and use the p72 ecu)
Low coolant could cause the second problem, or the FITV on the intake manifold.

Back