B18c1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 1991 civic hb 5 spd, cable clutch. It has a D15B1 in it right now. I have a b18c1 to put in it but all I have is the block. I was wondering what head I should get for it. I plan on building it for a turbo. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to go vtec or if I should. Just need some tips on best parts and the easiest way to do it.

First of all, this is in the wrong forum. This forum is for pre-1988 Civics and CRXs; if you have a 91, then you should have put this in the EF forum, the one below this one on the main page.

Secondly, I think you're majorly confused. The B18C1 is a dual-cam VTEC motor. If you have one of those already, then you won't need any kind of head swap to get VTEC. If the motor you're going to swap doesn't say "DOHC VTEC" on the valve cover, than it's not a B18C1.

i think he means he just had the gsr block.

Get any vtec head. Either pr3 or P72.

ohh and your also starting to into ''engine building'' so that needs to be that section.

your def. gonna need money if plan on building ,swapping and turboing a GSR

Last edited:
I don't need help actually building the engine. I just needed help figuring out which head would work the best and maybe a few pointers to make the swap easier. I have a friend to help me with the build and I have done a swap like this before but it was a b18a1. I reposted this in the ef forum but I'm not sure how to get this thread deleted. Thanks

Back