B18C1 - Type R pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7geezy

Hey everyone, just found this site, thought i would ask a question!

ive currently got a B18C1 running OEM b16 pistons... now i was curious if i were to swap in the U.S. Spec TypeR cams, would i notice a difference for better or for worse? thanks a lot for any help

ITR or CTR cams. you would notice a difference with both, but you need to have your engine tuned after installing, or the difference you see might not be good.

lol...i really need to start thinking my posts through...thats like the third time today youve gotten me with something ive forgotten...oh well, better said than forgotten.

Oops... sorry, i was looking at cams when i posted this... what i meant to say was... I have OEM B16 pistons, and was curious of US spec TypeR pistons would make any difference, not cams (i already have reground GSR cams, which will eventually be upgraded to skunk2s possibly)

anyway, thanks for the quick respones, hopefully this question is as easily answered, haha

nope got me...i dont know if you need new connecting rods. i got the b series head down, but the bottom end is kinda a mystery...kinda like a girl that way.

compression will be lower with the us spec itr pistons.

Back