B18C1 vs B18a LS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daGSRhatchNEPA

I love my Honda
OKAY. I WAS WONDERING.. ...

THE LS MOTOR HAS MORE TORQUE THAN HORSEPOWER. BUT THE GSR HAS MORE HP THAN TORQUE.... MY QUESTION IS>>
>>>> SHOULD I RUN A STOCK GSR WITH 8-12 LBS OF BOOST OR SHOULD I RUN AN LS VTEC RUNNING 8-12 LBS OF BOOST....

>>> ALSO SHOULD I RUN THE Y80, S80, OR YS1 TRANNY?
>>> ALSO IF YOU COULD SEND ME THE LINK FORUM FOR AN LSVTEC FOR DUMMYS....
FOR NOW IM THINKING THAT I SHOULD RUN THE LS VTEC TURBO VS THE GSR.
thanx~loui3

I don't know what engine you have already if any. If you have an ls stick with that engine, if you have the gsr then go with that one. And in my opinion the best tranny for boost is the LS because it has the longest gears the second is the tranny from the b16. Of course that is just my opinion, you should check the gear ratios to see what fits you best. The ls has the better comp ratio for turbo.

The LS engine does not have more torque than HP I don't know where you got your figures. An LS/VTEC for dummies = a blown engine so based on how your wrote your post I would stay away from the LS/VTEC. And if you're going to run that amount of boost on any engine you'd better be buying some engine management & tuning or you're going to have an oversized paperweight when your engine explodes.

thats true it's all about how you build your motor i have my lsv ran it for a month then spun a bearing bc i didn't replace everything learned the hard way no i have a fully rebuilt lsv and it runs fine but like they said if you have a ls run the ls if you have the gsr run the gsr it's all in the tune but the b16 tranny is wrong it would be ls, type r, gsr, b16, but if you take the final drive out of the ls and put it in the gsr thats a bad ass set up as for the engine managment system hondata is a good system to run unless you got some big bucks for aem or motech never run an FMU

in my opinion the best tranny for boost is the LS because it has the longest gears the second is the tranny from the b16. Of course that is just my opinion, you should check the gear ratios to see what fits you best.

This is one of those things that you hear a lot, but it's not necessarily true. It's a little more complicated than "long gears are always better for boost." I would rather stick with whatever tranny was originally paired to the engine, as the gearing will match the engine's personality best.

the b16 tranny is wrong it would be ls, type r, gsr, b16, but if you take the final drive out of the ls and put it in the gsr thats a bad ass set up

Why would a B16 tranny be wrong? A B16 tranny has close to the same gearing as a Type R tranny; both have very close gears. The LS tranny has the longest gears, and the GSR tranny is somewhat in-between.

A GSR tranny with an LS fifth isn't really necessary. You'd get decent mileage with the GSR tranny in stock form. Its generally the B16 and Type R trannys that people put the LS fifth in.

Honestly, I think the best B-series tranny setup would be a B16 or Type R tranny with a GSR fourth and LS fifth. That way first through third would be nice and short, and then you'd transition to longer gears to preserve your gas mileage.

ok so. i think ima run the s80 or y80 transmission but why not an FMU?. thing is. i have a gsr but the ls is already in my tegg running strong with 220k lol

but as i researched the gsr head was better.. i have a subscription to honda tuner and there is a guy in cali. eyden who builds engines. he did a 150hp per liter project and he said that he used to think the b16 heads were better but now he thinks otherwise. ill go with eyden. thanx~loui3

Back