B18C1 w/ ls crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I heard from one of these topics that if you use an LS crank w/ in a GSR engine it would give it more torque :shrug2:. Is this true and would i lose any HP from doin this. I plan on doin a rebuild soon and if the LS crank gives me more torque than i would do that too when i rebuild the engine. :D

the ls crank has a 89mm stroke, opposed to the 87.2mm stroke of the gsr. so yeah, the added displacement would probably give you a 'lil extra torque.

You will see more torque, but it will require replacing the entire rotating assembly.

the difference is ~36cc's which isn't much but is some. I wouldn't even bother to be honest. Maybe a couple more ft lbs.

Milan

I know a few people running LS cranks in GSR engines with very good results. Every little bit helps, but if you're going to rely on a mod like this and nothing else to make power, it's not worth it. Spend your money somewhere else unless you have the budget to rebuild the entire bottom end of your engine, or unless you just have all the parts lying around.

Back