b18c1 yay or nay??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johnfk

WiseMotorSports
I have come to conclusion that im not going to a frakenstine swap or what ever you guys call it( b20 block b16 head).
I was wondering what do you guys think about me putting a b18c1 in my 94 civic? Would it be an easier swap, I know you can buy a "complete swap" off ebay, does that mean thats evrerything you need to make the swap? Would I need to purchase different mounts and shift linkage and what about the comp,,, Thanks

it will be the same swap no matter what you go with, the ls/vtec will be more powerful but the gsr will be slightly less powerful but more reliable

id go with ls vtec....mine lasted a while ......only reason why it went was because i put boost to it....if not for boost it would have gone longer. i think you would enjoy it

So I can get a b18c1 and drop forged rods and pistons in and get the head pnp maybe get a turbonetics kit on it, it would make good power and be reliable right?

vtec really doesnt make that much difference with turbo....so if you r thing of putting boost to it save yourself the money and just do straight ls. but its all about personal choice so its up to you

vtec really doesnt make that much difference with turbo....so if you r thing of putting boost to it save yourself the money and just do straight ls. but its all about personal choice so its up to you

wrong. LS vtec makes a VERY noticeable amount of power difference. not only because the B16 head outflows the LS head by a long shot, but because vtec works rather well with boost in many cases.

So say I should get b18c1, when you say ls your talking about the b18b or what...

if you plan on going turbo id save some cash and go with an LS. 300whp on a stock block LS is definitely not unheard of. Upgrade the rods and pistons, sleeve the block, and then port the head, youll be good to go for high horsepower if thats the way you wanna go.

i would go with a b18c1, i have one and with minor mods its faster than the ls/vtech and more reliable.

b18a = ls
b18b = ls but with slightly more compression

same block. no factory girdle like the b18c or b16

Back