B18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXkid31

Hey ya'll im new to the honda scene, so heres my problem I picked up a 00 civic ex for a 1k and bought a complete gsr lsd from hmotorsonline, Im in the middle of swapping out engine harness's and noticed some of the connectors are different and some are left over is there a manual or anythign that shows me what to hook up and whats left over. the distro is alot different than the d series that was in the car and its got one extra wire. everything ive read says its a simple plug and play set up..

Hey MX kid31,
You do not need to swap out the harnesses unless you are going from auto to manual or vice verse. You should just leave the engine harness connected to the gsr drivetrain, and connect it to the firewall connectors on both the left and right side of the civic. Unless the gsr is much older it should plug right in. One more piece of info that helped me when I did the same swap, was to get a civic SI throttle cable from honda. It should be around $40 or $50 and makes things very painless.

Have fun.

it didnt come with the part of the harness that goes from the ecu to the engine....plus it was out of a right hand drive car so everything for the battery is on the opposite side

So i just found out i have to do some splicing because of the obd2a and obd2b diff.

So i just found out i have to do some splicing because of the obd2a and obd2b diff.

i have the same motor going into my 98 ex, paid Rywire.com 75.00 for a swap over harness. send them the dseries harness out of your 00 and your gsr harness. they combine everything you need to run that motor in your car. you can do this this or repin yourself, im just a noob at wiring so i paid these guys

Hey MX kid31,
You do not need to swap out the harnesses unless you are going from auto to manual or vice verse. You should just leave the engine harness connected to the gsr drivetrain, and connect it to the firewall connectors on both the left and right side of the civic. Unless the gsr is much older it should plug right in. One more piece of info that helped me when I did the same swap, was to get a civic SI throttle cable from honda. It should be around $40 or $50 and makes things very painless.

Have fun.

same thing for a 98 ex huh?

lol
im just a noob at wiring so i paid these guys
sorry but thats funny ~ you paid some one

Last edited:
Back