b18c3 in to a crx vti

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

downey

ok! i have a crx vti b16a1 uk spec! i am about to drop a b18c3 itr lump into it with a s80 gearbox! the wireing seems to be alright to deal with, i have to change it to a hydro clutch and the s80 box is ment to be too big so i might have to go cutting some of what i call my car!!
can anybody see other problems that i may have to deal with before i start??

ps, i tried to search but it wouldnt allow me!

b18c3 ??? itr=b18c5.
You shouldn't have any fitment problems, the size is virtually identical. You're gonna have to change obd of course, so wiring may be a headache, pick up a conversion harness if you can

C3 is akin to the GSR motor, ITRs are C6.

Problems are going to be the tranny, since the A1 is cable and the S80 is hyrdaulic, which you seem to have addressed, and the wiring which is easy for that one since you can use the electronics off the B16A and just replace what doesn't plug into the C3.

the engine itself will be a straight swap. if you want to go obd1, then you'll have some wiring to do, but you could always use all your elecreonics from your b16 and everything will be plug and play.

like 92b16vx said, the problems are gonna be with the tranny. since you have and edm crx with b16 stock, your tranny mount placement is different then the us spec cars. and no company that i know of makes conversion mounts. hassport makes the conversion for the us spec cars. if you can find a company that does the mounts, that would be great, but i would just stick with your b16 tranny. best thing to do would be to search around, and try to find anyone who has done the swap before, and see how they solved the problem with the trans.

In Europe the CRX didn't die until 97, well sort of, the DelSol is called the CRX everywhere except the states.

the vti is a second gen body 89-91 I have the spoiler off one on my crx ,sweet little flushmount functional piece :thumbsup:

Originally posted by h82w8@Dec 9 2004, 12:39 AM
the vti is a second gen body 89-91 I have the spoiler off one on my crx ,sweet little flushmount functional piece :thumbsup:
[post=428843]Quoted post[/post]​

VTi is a trim level denoting top of the line (SiR is Japan, VTi in Europe) from 89-00, Civics and CRXs both had it.

Back