B18c4 into EG '94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nipo

Hello, I just bought a B18c4 to swap into my EG and I have a question about the swap.

What cable loom is best to use for the swap?

I thought of taking a cable loom from a civic esi (OBD1) to put into my car for the conversion.

I also thought about taking the original cable loom from the B18 (OBD2a). But will this fit?

its the same as a GSR (B18C1) swap

the B18C4 harness will plug in to your EG at the shock towers
you will need to add the wires from the ECU to the shock towers for VTEC, the IABs and the Knock sensor(if you guys have knock sensors over there???)
then use an OBD-1 P72 (or whatever the equivalent is over there)... or you can use a chipped P28 (or equivalent)

here this should help
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/obd2-b18c1-into-5th-gen-civic-29116/

There are many ways to deal with the swap (in terms of a B series OBD2 engine going into a OBD1 car)

I have not used a OBD2 harness in my OBD1 car but thought about it once and was researching. The conscientious seems to be there is one plug left out of the OBD2 Engine harness (in terms of the actual connections at the shock towers).

I kept my old swap and figure its totally okay to do it with a OBD2 harness. But if you do not have the OBD2 harness and have access to the OBD1 VTEC hanress (which I'm pretty sure the ESi is the SOHC VTEC harness)....you can make it work with OBD1 Distributor, Injectors, and Alternator. You will have to extend the two VTEC plugs on the harness (about 6-8 inches) and might need to extend the O2 sensor plug. No matter what...you will need to run the knock sensor and IAB (like E_SolSi stated) to eh ECU. You shoudl get yourself a few donor plugs at a junkyard (at the ECU for sure and maybe even the shock towers....if you want it extra clean)

I need to change my wiring loom anyway, because i have OBD0.
About the IAB an knock sensor, it is probably the same as a b18c1, since it has the same specs as the b18c4.

What do you guy's mean with the shock towers?

What I meant by "shock towers" is the place where the engine harness actually attaches to the car tehy all rest right there on top of the front shock towers (in the engine bay). Those plugs then lead into the cabin on drivers side and passenger side. The side with the ECU needs to have VTEC lines (not sure if your motor has a VTEC oil pressure sensor) plus the knock sensor and the IAB lines all ran to through that side of the firewall. Their locations at the ECU can be found on ffsquads site.

hi i am doing the same change my b18c4 is in my eg esi runs fine but no vtec it runs the obd2a engine loom and the 0bd1 esi car loom .please help if you know

its the same as a GSR (B18C1) swap

the B18C4 harness will plug in to your EG at the shock towers
you will need to add the wires from the ECU to the shock towers for VTEC, the IABs and the Knock sensor(if you guys have knock sensors over there???)
then use an OBD-1 P72 (or whatever the equivalent is over there)... or you can use a chipped P28 (or equivalent)

here this should help
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/obd2-b18c1-into-5th-gen-civic-29116/

The B18C4 came in the '96+ Civic VTi, so the harness may not plug in, I don't remember off the top of my head if the later Civics used the USDM OBD I type plugs, or the OBD II over there.

I need to change my wiring loom anyway, because i have OBD0.

No you have OBD I, 92-95.

Back