b18c4 turbo into eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

i have the option of swapping my b16a with my friends b18c4, the reason i may be considering the b18c4 is because i plan to bore to around 84mm making it a 2 liter
what i wanted to know is how good is the b18c4?
will it work well with my t3/t4e?
finally will it be a straight drop in to my 93 EG civic obd1
would appreciate your help Thanks <_<

c4 is a Euro version GSR C1-like motor if memory serves.

b18c - JDM GSR(SiR-G)
b18c - JDM ITR(spec-R)
b18c1 - USDM GSR
b18c2 - Australian GSR
b18c3 - 95-97 JDM ITR ("3" rarely printed on block)
b18c4 - European Civic VTi
b18c5 - USDM ITR
b18c6 - European ITR
b18c7 - Australian ITR

that's the chart i beleive. might be wrong on a couple though.

but anyway, most t3/t4's are a good match for 1.8's. but theres 34124123 t3/t4's and you'd have to be a little more specific about it.

depending on the obd of the c4, it may or may not plug right in, but either way, it won't be difficult. a couple plug swaps and stuff...

the turbo i will be using is a t3/t4e .60 .63,
so should the b18c4 engine be exactly the same as a gsr power wise are they 170whp?weird thing no mater which b18c i sit in the vtec doesnt seem to be as loud as the b16a and they dont seem to be as quick but anyway will do for my project
if i put the engine in my car should my p30 ecu suffice to run the b18c4, how do i find out if the car from which i get the b18c is obd1 or obd2?

Thanks for your time

170 whp. no. flywheel, yes.

b16's slam vtec a lot harder, yes, but really its just noise- i assure you, the gsr makes more power.

a p30 will run it, but it wont be ideal. get a p72.

easiest weay to tell obd, assuming its stock in a stock car, is to look at the dizzy. 2 plugs = pbd1, 1 plug = obd2

hmm dizzy what on earth is that sorry for the noob question?
point out to me where the plugs are in the car so i can find out :unsure:

Originally posted by bvtec@Sep 20 2004, 11:50 AM
hmm dizzy what on earth is that sorry for the noob question?
point out to me where the plugs are in the car so i can find out  :unsure:
[post=392566]Quoted post[/post]​

Follow your spark plugs wires and they'll lead you to the distributor.

the wire harness plugs that connect to it- not the sprk plug wires.

if theres 1, its obd2
if theres 1 big one, and one small one (thus, 2) its obd1

ahhh yeah, i had a look now i understand what ya mean about the clips.
i had a look at the engine today was in nice condition but it was obd2 :( , what exactly will i have to change to get that in my car can i leave my 0bd1 wiring loom in,what clips etc if any need changing :unsure:
thanks

its not hard... yuo basically have to splice the single plug onto your obd1 wire harnes.s simply line up the wires position and it works.

so basically if i put the b18c engine into my EG which already has a b16a with obd1 i will only have to splice the extra wires. can u point me to post up so i can read exactly which wires ill need to mess with and what ill need changing

theres no post.. but we did it on Esolsi's JDM itr (obd2) swap into his eg.

the big plug on obd2 is just a combination of the 2 small and big plugs from obd1.

jsut line up the positions, and cut/paste the big obd2 plug onto your obd1 wireharness.

OR, just use your b16's obd1 distributor. thats the easy way...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 21 2004, 05:20 PM
theres no post.. but we did it on Esolsi's JDM itr (obd2) swap into his eg.

the big plug on obd2 is just a combination of the 2 small and big plugs from obd1.

jsut line up the positions, and cut/paste the big obd2 plug onto your obd1 wireharness.

OR, just use your b16's obd1 distributor. thats the easy way...
[post=393125]Quoted post[/post]​

I vote for the latter. Hunting for poor electrical connections is the worst job in the world.....

Back