b18c5 all motor build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys, i have searched alot in these forums and still i have not seen anyone post anything about building a c5. i am getting a 95 hatch and i want to hit the 200-225 whp mark and want to know what it would take to hit that mark or maybe even better. if it is too much work i will prolly do a b18c turbo. but i prefer all motor due to reliability and design. i have the money for the swap and some other stuff. and what times can i look forward too after doing a build such as this. i would like to hit 13's and maybe spray and get low 13's- high 12's.

your talking about reliability and then spraying? they dont go so well together. look into the k series swap now that pretty much everything is available like mounts and a custom header. k series type r motor puts out about 210+ at the crank from the factory. plus you get the 6 speed tranny.

Aggressive cams, GOOD intake/header/exhaust, intake manifold + tuning- that will get you over 200whp easily.

I watched a GSR with all stock internals put down 195whp on pump gas, and he was just running Skunk2 Stage 1 cams, I/H/E, and a Skunk2 intake manifold. The ITR has higher compression, a slight P&P on the head, and the capability to run bigger cams without changing out the LMAs. You could easily put down 210whp without pulling the head or swapping the pistons.

if not more...

Cams + valvetrain + pimpy header + intake + exhaust will net you way over 200, as long as you tune it well.

And as for the nitrous being unsafe comment - don't be a jackass. Nitrous is as safe as you tune it. Nitrous isn't dangerous - running lean while spraying is.

Originally posted by radnulb@Jun 25 2004, 12:39 PM
if not more...

Cams + valvetrain + pimpy header + intake + exhaust will net you way over 200, as long as you tune it well.

And as for the nitrous being unsafe comment - don't be a jackass. Nitrous is as safe as you tune it. Nitrous isn't dangerous - running lean while spraying is.

nitrous is not a safe and reliable way to run your car JACKASS

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jun 25 2004, 05:10 PM-->
@Jun 25 2004, 12:39 PM
if not more...

And as for the nitrous being unsafe comment - don't be a jackass.  Nitrous is as safe as you tune it.  Nitrous isn't dangerous - running lean while spraying is.

nitrous is not a safe and reliable way to run your car JACKASS

huh? radnulb had it right. nitrous is safe as long as you tune it and make sure your fuel is up to date.

Yeah if Johhny Tran pulls you over and shoots your car while the bottles are open you are so fucked man.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 25 2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah if Johhny Tran pulls you over and shoots your car while the bottles are open you are so ed man.

ignorance at its best

so a k series type r will probably cost more i would imagine. im not trying to go all out crazy. wouldnt it be a wiring mess to do something like that in a 95. i like the 94 b series cause it wont be a pain to put in. if a k is as easy as a b for my car i would have no problem doing it.

and thanks for all the info guys. im going type r. and as for spraying, a 50 shot at the track is going to the the most my engine will ever see and i will of course have it installed and tuned by a professional. and with 210 whp what kinda numbers at the track should i be expecting calesta?

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 25 2004, 05:57 PM
its all in the install huh, go ahead use nitrous and see how long your builds last.

Alright. give me the money for the 55 shot wet setup from NOS, I'll update my fuel pump, change my filter and I'll run it for years without a problem. The only time I've ever heard of anyone blowing their motor is because they don't update the fuel delivery.

:werd:

nitrous is safe, just make sure its got the extra fuel to mix with, and tune it properly. same basic principle as a turbo, no? saying nitrous is dangerous is just like saying a turbo is dangerous...and look at all the ppl with turbos. just my 2 cents..

using nitrous at the track is one thing but using nitrous all the time is another. im not going to sit here and argue about this because its pointless, im sure you guys dont even have expierience with it anyway. nooooobody ever has blown an engine with a nitrous setup with proper fuel and tuning, i find that hard to believe.

back to the thread

your still going to have to make changes for the itr motor to work in your car just so you know, either your going to have to wire it up to the obd2 ecu, injectors and distributor or get obd1 injectors, distributor and ecu thats up to you which you choose.

nobody can really tell you what you will run at the track because of so many different factors like driving ability and your altitude. at sea level you might run 12's on slicks with an itr hatch, ive seen it done.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 25 2004, 08:03 PM
using nitrous at the track is one thing but using nitrous all the time is another. im not going to sit here and argue about this because its pointless, im sure you guys dont even have expierience with it anyway. nooooobody ever has blown an engine with a nitrous setup with proper fuel and tuning, i find that hard to believe.

who cares about experience? it's common sense. I never said that no one has ever blown an engine using it properly, I just said it's a hell of a lot safer than you give it credit for. The fact that you can't give me specific examples or even back up your claim that using nitrous will make a build blow up faster tells me that you really shouldn't be pulling the experience card in this discussion.

Give it the proper fuel and tune it, and you'll be fine and dandy. Unless somehow the engine malfunctions, causes it to go lean and then it's not really the tuning that is at fault anyway.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jun 25 2004, 08:15 PM-->
@Jun 25 2004, 08:03 PM

who cares about experience? it's common sense. I never said that no one has ever blown an engine using it properly, I just said it's a hell of a lot safer than you give it credit for. The fact that you can't give me specific examples or even back up your claim that using nitrous will make a build blow up faster tells me that you really shouldn't be pulling the experience card in this discussion.

Give it the proper fuel and tune it, and you'll be fine and dandy. Unless somehow the engine malfunctions, causes it to go lean and then it's not really the tuning that is at fault anyway.

whats common sense?

you never asked for an example did you so why are trying to pull the example card? i watched my friend destroy a motor that was properly tuned hows that example? i watched another friend blow his motor that was also properly tuned and fueled. added stress to the engine cause breakdown and failure more so than not.

i told you im not going to argue this with you because its pointless.

wow yeah my friend blew his motor that was properly tuned and fueled. Great examples. :roll:

Just whatever. all I know is Nitrous is safe if you're not a fucking retard.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 25 2004, 08:36 PM
wow yeah my friend blew his motor that was properly tuned and fueled. Great examples. :roll:

Just whatever. all I know is Nitrous is safe if you're not a ing retard.

what the hell examples do you want then, i have seen it first hand. with all of your 7000 bs posts why dont you explain to me why its safe?

because all you're doing is cramming more air into the cylinders. *gasp* thats exactly what a turbo charger does & it's the same damn thing VTEC does. Turbos aren't safe for your motor unless you upgrade the fuel delivery, which happens to be the #1 upgrade overlooked when installing Nitrous. When you get a wet nitrious setup you're getting that 5th injector which shoots the fuel in with the nitrous.

Back