B18c5-CRX swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF8RICER

Im am planning to do a JDM b18c5 swap(comes w/ tranny,obdII, wiring, ect.) and I need to have it pass CA smog so i can make it legit.
-What am i goin to need to get this done...Do i need to get USDM parts off an integra, if so what will i need?

-Since i have a dx do i need the si ecu in order plug the obdII in..?

**Confused**

import tuner did that swap a couple months ago, they had the full how to. you should give it a shot. they called it the, what if they had a crx-r.

yes, u can change engine to obd1 and car to obd1, but its alot harder to pass smog this way. a b18c1 would be ALOT easier.

So, is it really alot easier to do a b18c than the b18c5 (type R) in a CRX and have it pass California emissions tests??

Also, does anyone know of a shop in California that does a swap that will meet/pass the California smog tests? (ie. get the BAR sticker)

Originally posted by czar@Oct 19 2003, 05:29 PM

Also, does anyone know of a shop in California that does a swap that will meet/pass the California smog tests? (ie. get the BAR sticker)

i think you mean carb...and I seriously doubt a shop will do a swap and have it carb approved, the only way I know to get a sticker is to have your car inspected by some dmv guys, bro, don't worry about somg, just do the GSR swap, leave the motor stock and it should pass, my b16 passed with little problems...

Back