1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18c5-CRX swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by EF8RICER, Oct 8, 2003.


    EF8RICER Junior Member

    Im am planning to do a JDM b18c5 swap(comes w/ tranny,obdII, wiring, ect.) and I need to have it pass CA smog so i can make it legit.
    -What am i goin to need to get this done...Do i need to get USDM parts off an integra, if so what will i need?

    -Since i have a dx do i need the si ecu in order plug the obdII in..?

  2. get_nick

    get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...

    import tuner did that swap a couple months ago, they had the full how to. you should give it a shot. they called it the, what if they had a crx-r.
  3. pissedoffsol

    pissedoffsol RETIRED

    passing smog = bitch.

    basically, you have to re-wire your entire car into obd2
  4. SleEPeR_CRX

    SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

    yes, u can change engine to obd1 and car to obd1, but its alot harder to pass smog this way. a b18c1 would be ALOT easier.
  5. czar

    czar Junior Member

    So, is it really alot easier to do a b18c than the b18c5 (type R) in a CRX and have it pass California emissions tests??

    Also, does anyone know of a shop in California that does a swap that will meet/pass the California smog tests? (ie. get the BAR sticker)
  6. Bl6CRX

    Bl6CRX Senior Member


    i think you mean carb...and I seriously doubt a shop will do a swap and have it carb approved, the only way I know to get a sticker is to have your car inspected by some dmv guys, bro, don't worry about somg, just do the GSR swap, leave the motor stock and it should pass, my b16 passed with little problems...

Share This Page