b18c5 head on a b18b1 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88dxguy

i was wondering if a b18c5 head would work on my b18b block and what parts i would need.

ITR Head onto onto a LS block will work. You will create A LS VTEC Setup
You wll need-
LS Head Gasket
LS VTEC Dowl Pins
LS VTEC Oil Line Kit which shuld come with a tap and plug kit.
I would replace the head studs as well.

You will have to thread a whole in the bottom of the head and plug it with a plug Otherwise you will just dpit oil right out of the back of the head. You will undo the oil pressure sensor and plug in a fitting. The Oil Pressure Sensor will then screw into the fitting. On the back of the head, top right corner you will have to undo a large allen key plug and put a fitting into that. Then a hose will run from the fitting on the back of the head to the fitting on the back of the block. That line will supply the oil up to the cams. All the fittings and hose should come with the kit. Thats all I can think of right now.

Dowel Pins
eBay Motors: Honda LS/VTEC Dowel Pins B20B B20Z Acura Turbo GSR SI (item 180090802153 end time Mar-06-07 16:13:52 PST)

Oil Line Kit
eBay Motors: LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC oil line conversion kit (item 130085305180 end time Mar-06-07 04:35:05 PST)

Which comes out to $48.49.
Then just get a head gasket at AutoZone or what ever. Probably like $40.00. So not even $100.00. The installation itself is easy. A lot of those fittings you can get at AutoZone behind the counter. But just buy the whole oil line kit, a lot easier, because you will have to go all over looking for everything.
The little plug that comes with the oil kit is the plug for the bottom of your head.
For an ecu you could send yours out and get it chipped and socketed with your tne and it will be set for type r cams. With that setup you will get high compression.

Back