b18c5 into 95 hatch eg dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OVERRDETOA

yeah just got this type r and need help have all the accessoires for the engine need to no if it will fit write in or need some changes if anyone can help me thanks overrdetoas mugen power

You'll need mounts, hopefully you have axels, ecu, and you will need to mod your wiring harness for vtec.

I'm not sure exactly what mounts you need for EG's. Just pointing you in the right direction. Search on here, there's plenty of threads with answers to these questions.

these are the parts it comes with

B18C-R G1
  • 5-Speed Manual LSD
  • Hydraulic Transmission
  • Engine Control Unit (ECU)
  • Distributor
  • Fuel Rail,Injectors,Throttle Body
  • Sensors
  • Intake Manifold
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Alternator
  • Air Conditioning Pump
  • Power Steering Pump
  • Vtec Solenoid
  • Half Shaft (Intermediate Shaft)
  • Starter
  • Stock Motor Mounts
  • Axles
  • Shift Linkage

The swap you bought will literally bolt in to your car. Use the integra mounts, axles, and shift linkage. You will need a set of integra radiator hoses (GSR will work fine), and you may want to upgrade your radiator (not a must but wort it). The wiring is going to be a little tricky because you are putting an obd2 motor in an obd1 car. Companies sell premade wiring harnesses to make the wiring alot easier.

If I were you I would run the motor with an obd-1 ecu (just because its more tuner friendly) rather than the obd-2 type-r ecu. To do this, you would need to have an obd1 vtec ecu chipped to properly run the b18c-r.

Type R

so basiclly thats all i need to make the car engine start

Yes, however, most people install a new clutch, timing belt, and water pump when doing the swap. This is basically preventative maintenance that would be alot more difficult to do with the motor in the car.

Back