B18C5 into 95 Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nillaz

From what I understand from reading these forums(this is my first motor swap) it is legit to fit the B18C5 into my 95 Teg. I'm just a little suspicious since hmotors and all them offer the B18C Type R engine swaps for 96+ Tegs. So what kind of difficulty am I facing when putting this engine into a 95? And what kind of options am I limited to after putting this engine in as far as maybe a turbo and such?

it will drop right in
all you will need to do is run the extra wires for VTEC
and you will need an OBD-1 ECU
but if you are planning to turbo it dont waste your time and money on the ITR engine get a GSR engine and go from there

One good reason is the high compression ratio. Another is the cams. Neither are really good for turbo. If you had to replace pistons and cams then you've lost much of what makes the Type R a Type R. If you are going to just rip it apart, just start off with the less expensive GSR(still a very good engine).

Quoted post[/post]]
One good reason is the high compression ratio. Another is the cams. Neither are really good for turbo. If you had to replace pistons and cams then you've lost much of what makes the Type R a Type R. If you are going to just rip it apart, just start off with the less expensive GSR(still a very good engine).
cams are good for HIGH hp turbo builds. ive seen CTRs used too. but yea, just get the gsr.

Alright awesome advice. But now I'm wondering what kind of cams and pistons am I going to want? The same that comes stock on the GSR? And just wondering, which companies' turbos do you guys recomend?

I always like garrett turbos, they build the most, for both OEM and aftermarket.

but as far as turbo kits, Id go custom and put a "kit" together yourself.

Yeah I saw the Garrett stuff on eBay for about $1k, which is what I'd kind of prefer to spend. All the Greddy and RevHard, etc, shit is like $3k and I don't understand why anyone would spend so much money on it unless the quality is that much better than something off eBay.

kits are always more because they have everything you need..except for getting the exhaust hooked up

but yea id definitely piece it together..that way you get all good parts from good brands, and its almost always cheaper

id go with a garrett turbo, a race engineering manifold, tial wastegate, custom tubing/lines/exhaust, hks ssqv blow off valve, and a generic intercooler. get a missing link for the map sensor, and a vortec super fmu, and then take it all and get it ran on the dyno. also upgrade fuel pump, injectors, and get an aem fpr. then it comes time for all of the electronics-boost controller, turbo timer, VAFC.

Alright, well when I can even afford a turbo I'll redirect my questions to the appropriate thread, haha. One last thing, how legit is it buying a GSR on eBay? Should I just spend the $3350 on hmotors or go for something a bit cheaper on eBay save me a few hundreds?

Quoted post[/post]]
Alright, well when I can even afford a turbo I'll redirect my questions to the appropriate thread, haha. One last thing, how legit is it buying a GSR on eBay? Should I just spend the $3350 on hmotors or go for something a bit cheaper on eBay save me a few hundreds?
just go to hmotors. better rep, you know its not stolen, and they will send you a nice looking motor. and i know everyone here doesnt like ssautocrome, but ive seen some of there stuff used. once i get some cash im picking up a turbo, wastegate, blowoff combo from them. thats the most i would trust them with. i know there manifolds are shit. but if you dont want to, ill be the guinea pig soon enough. but idk shit about xspower.

Back