b18c5 into 97 civic hx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rpmsir2

I have a b18c5 I want to swap into my 97 civic hx. I was wondering what is the easiest way to do the wiring? I have the wiring harness from a 00 Civic si & ecu and I also have a wiring harness from a 97 Civic EX. any help is appreciated guys. I just need to get my car out of my parents garage asap.

Does the wiring harness need to be modified? The HX harness has an EGR on the intake manifold. Has anyone done a swap into an HX before. Any info is appreciated.

you have to use the 96-98 ex harness or a dx harness wired for vtec. the HX harness has a 5 wire o2 sensor which messes things up a bit. you cant use the the si harness or ecu because 99-00 is obd2b your car is a 96-98 which is obd2a

Thanks for the info everyone! Which ecu should I use for the b18c5? I just want to make sure I get everything correct. Like I said, I have the wiring from a 97 civic EX and pretty much everything for the engine including a distributor from a 97 GSR. I think I might have the 97 GSR ecu also. Would this work or is there a better choice besides using a obd2 to obd1 harness ?

Back