B18C5 into EK 00 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMIdiot

Ok.. This is the engine I'm getting a Full conversion B18C5 engine from HMO. It comes with everything needed. Under 17k. All sensors guaranteed to be unbroken and working. And 100% guarantee start up. So we got all that stuff out of the way.

My question(s) is... will I need anything else? Also if I'll be able to use the same wiring. I'm really new and this is my first swap so I wanna make things smooth as possible.

Thanks,
Nick

You're going to use you present motors wiring harness, add vtec, knock sensor. Mounts should be a combo of the ones you have and the ones that come from the motor, maybe the 99-00 Si rear. Depending on the year of the motor and the year of the car, you may need an OBD II-->OBD IIb ECU conversion harness.

First off what model is you current civic? your car is alreay OBD IIb so you won't need a convertion. Your going to need a dvier side mount bracket and rear bracket from a 99-00 SI.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Aug 18 2004, 06:42 AM
First off what model is you current civic? your car is alreay OBD IIb so you won't need a convertion. Your going to need a dvier side mount bracket and rear bracket from a 99-00 SI.
[post=378459]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a 00 Civic EX.

Well, depending on the year of the motor, you may or may not need the conversion. 99+ no, 96-98 yes.

ok.... lemme get this all str8

You are using an American Type R
complete swap of ecu, motor, tranny, wires axles, etc...

It is going into 00 EX full size civic...

This is what I would do ...
(may or may not be the best way but its what I did with my 98 spec into my 96 CX)
Buy the number 7 mount thing here Majestic honda

Yank ur motor out ... put the new mount on your motor and mix and match all the others between the type r and the sohc ... then

Put the type r ecu in and run the type r harness to your car and the motor and the ecu....

Its not that hard just keep plugging away at it... the actual swap should be about a good long day.... then wires and what not take as long as God wants it to take lol
I could do it over again and be done in like 10 min:thumbsup:

job done... have a nice day with all the bugs you will have to work out for 3 weeks.. or more..

Once you get that far post up any questions.
(mad props to everyone here at hs they all know their stuff) :worthy:

.... I will help with what I can, I learned a ton after my first swap and I bet you will too.

Originally posted by KloggMonkey@Aug 20 2004, 05:20 AM

Put the type r ecu in and run the type r harness to your car and the motor and the ecu....

[post=379480]Quoted post[/post]​

Except for the problem of EK harness being one piece, and the tegs is two. If he were to do that he would have to completely replace the harness from motor to ECU, 110% not worth it.

JDMIdiot.. I am doin the same swap so i was wondering if you can tell me what and how u did it or anyone im new and need help plz ASAP thank you.

just start a new thread with your specific scenario and info and you will get your answers

Back