B18c5 or LSVTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HB-TR

What is the best choice for a swap? A b18c5 or a LSVTEC(b18a1 block,B16 head)?

Depends, if you have the money b18c5 all the way. If you have the b18a/b block it will be cheaper to go that route but once again, if you have the money b18c5 My .02

Thats true but im looking for a fast engine not a "tight" engine. I know a b18c5 is nice but a lsvect could be just as sweet.

with all the extra money you would save buying a B18C5, you could build a very bad ass bottom end that would probably out perfrom a C5. it also depents on your goals for the engine. turbo..NA? if you want turbo, build a b18a/b, if you want NA do a CRVTEC, bored, stroked, the whole nine yard. i think golden eagle makes a kit for around $2200 that bumps it to a 2.1 or so, with 12:1 compression. and i bet you could build it for less then 5k.

So over all is a ls vtec even worth all the trouble. I have heard that those engine dont last to long

just have golden eagle build the damn thing. they have enough experience building them, and building them right that it would definelty last. plus think of it this way, all of there product meet or exeed OEM performance, and probably OEM quality.

I own a b18c5, but its not going in just yet. i paid so little for the engine nobody would even believe me so I wont say. Anyways my goal is a very fast NA daily drivin car. If im convinced that the c5 is best than shes goin right in but I have read alot about LSvtec and I impressed but worried about its performance in the long run.

i would go ITR!!!!!!! And with ur bored with that, go put CTR piston into ur ls block and slap on the c5 head = 13 sec for sure with that setup!!! Best of both worlds.

OR H22, that would be even better but im not sure if it would be as fast as the LsVtec.

Thats my 5 cents. Please COD my money, I will be looking for my nickle back in the mail. ;)

Put the LS crank in the ITR block, then resleeve it and punch the bore out to 86mm. That'll be a nice all motor setup.

:)

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 23 2004, 02:21 PM
Put the LS crank in the ITR block, then resleeve it and punch the bore out to 86mm. That'll be a nice all motor setup.

:)
[post=394068]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

he already has a c5?

wtf mate?!?!?! you already have an itr?!?!

slap the ls crank in that bitch!

Back