B18C5 Swap in Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrowNKiD

what are the advanteages of using a p72 computer with a p28 with a b18c5... i want to use a p72 but ive been told to use a p28... they didnt tell me why tho... wat is better... i know that with the p28 u use all the old injectors and tps... but if i was to use p72 what do i have to do to make if run in an eg civic... also what is the difference between p72 and p73

use with the P28 w/ ITR base map, why would you want to run obd2? 2 O2's? and usually less power with obd2's?

p72 won't work... it wants IABs and the itr doesn't have it.

cheap way: p28, XYZ chip here, VAFC + dyno tune it
better way: p28, hondata, dyno time

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 11 2004, 09:58 AM
p72 won't work... it wants IABs and the itr doesn't have it.

cheap way: p28, XYZ chip here, VAFC + dyno tune it
better way: p28, hondata, dyno time
[post=375259]Quoted post[/post]​

what is IABs?

i dont see why p72 wouldnt work, although it wont be as good as a tuned p28. the p72 wont throw a code or anything if the IAB's arent there. it doesnt on my gsr with skunk2 intake manifold. but with the p72 the vtec engagement will be set for the gsr at 4400 so thats not very suited for the motor, but it will work, might lose some power due to it.

and IAB's are the secondary butterflies in the gsr intake manifold.

why not just get a conversion harness and run the p73? if you are just gonna leave the motor stock for now i would think that would be the best computer for it.

IAB intake air bypass
What year is the civic?
What year is the C5?
The p73 is the correct ECM for the C5. The P28 is the big fix all.

Tunability, and it plugs right into the OBD I Civic (because it'sfrom them, si/EX).

OBD II ECU, not as tunable, requires purchase of additional wiring harness to plug it in, looks for too much crap that you don't need.

Back