b18c5 swap or turbo ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 96 civic ex coupe with a stock d16y8 and im trying to decide if i want to turbo the d16y8 or do a swap and put in a b18c5? what should i do guys please help.thanks

well stock c5 vs turbo y8 the y8 will win but you will be able to do more with the c5 in the long run.

yea thats the thing.but then if i want to turbo the c5 i would have to rebuild it because stock c5 has to high compression.i think im gonna go with the c5.the cheapest c5 swap i found was for $4300

well i would rather have the b16b ctr motor, but thats me and the c5 will be fine on boost i just wouldnt go over 7psi stock

yea i think im gonna go with the c5.thanks for your input but i will still accept other peoples inputs to.thanks

well i would rather have the b16b ctr motor, but thats me and the c5 will be fine on boost i just wouldnt go over 7psi stock
Well I had the b16b swap boosted and just swapped to the C5 because I wanted to go all motor, but with the work I have done already I think I'm just gonna drop back in some lower cr rods and boost her to, just cause I miss the feel of that boost kicking in.

Back