B18C5 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18c5 Sol

I have a few Questions.....Ok I have a 94 del Sol VTEC with a B16A3. My buddy just wrecked his Type R and is selling it to me. I need to know what type of ECU I should go for. I have OBD1 and the Type R is OBD2. What would be easier to convert? Can someone give me a list of everything I will need? Thanks a lot.
-Tyler

Do not use an obd2 ecu it would need a fair bit of wiring mods to get it to work and it is not worth it at all. obd1 is way better. u can use a chipped p28( 92-95 si) or u can get ur p30(b16a) ecu chipped with type r spec this is way better and more effective then any obd2 ecu. my buddy had a type r in his 92 hatch and we used a p28 chipped and with in take and exhaust he ran 13.9 at 100mph so a chipped p28 works great. where abouts u from cause i can get chipped ecu's for pretty cheap u can email me if u want to at brent_hawke@hotmail.com.. peace

im using a chipped P28 on mine :)

Originally posted by B18c5 Sol@Oct 22 2003, 01:22 PM
I have a few Questions.....Ok I have a 94 del Sol VTEC with a B16A3. My buddy just wrecked his Type R and is selling it to me. I need to know what type of ECU I should go for. I have OBD1 and the Type R is OBD2. What would be easier to convert? Can someone give me a list of everything I will need? Thanks a lot.
-Tyler

That's gonna be a nice power gain. Let us know how it turns out.

Originally posted by btleier+Oct 26 2003, 09:13 PM-->
B18c5 Sol
@Oct 22 2003, 01:22 PM
-Tyler

That's gonna be a nice power gain. Let us know how it turns out.

ive done it ... its pretty sick :)

Back