b18C5 turbo question/help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmdc5neg

Im finishing up my turbo setup on my B18C5 motor. The motor is bone stock other than the turbo setup. This is my setup...Turbonetics 60-1 Stage5 turbo, tial 38mm wastegate, rc 660cc injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, custom 3'' down pipe and straight through catback...I will be tuning with crome, not myself but by a skilled tuner. With this setup what is the most boost I could run on my stock type r motor? This is not my daily driver either so id like to put down some numbers. And ive also heard rumors of people dropping valves on stock type r valve train when boosting stock type r motors and revving high...what should I set the rev limiter to or is the vavle train rumor false.

All help is greatly appreciated :cool:

your tuner should be able to answer this better than we can.

every 25 hp you add takes 10% reliability off of it.

it will likely make 400hp... once? twice? 500 times? forever? who knows.

the border is up to you... and how much you want to risk/chance it.

likely, keep the rev limiter stock at 8200.

Alright thanks, Im just curious if anyone on here have had any similar setups on a type r and what their out come was. The guy tuning it says it'll be fine on 10lbs with my setup, but ofcourse thats not running the dogshit out of it constantly.

10lbs sounds about right. The reliability depends on how well it was tuned. Stock internals will likely yield more power per lb. of boost, but it may be a good investment to consider your options as far as things like reducing the intake charge temp (water or meth injection) and valvetrain upgrades. At higher revs on a stock valvetrain, the valves will begin to float, killing power output and eventually owning the seals. Upgrading the seals and springs would be a really good idea very soon.

10lbs sounds about right. The reliability depends on how well it was tuned. Stock internals will likely yield more power per lb. of boost, but it may be a good investment to consider your options as far as things like reducing the intake charge temp (water or meth injection) and valvetrain upgrades. At higher revs on a stock valvetrain, the valves will begin to float, killing power output and eventually owning the seals. Upgrading the seals and springs would be a really good idea very soon.

Thanks man, I will probably go ahead and do that then to be safe.

And since im going to be doing that I may go ahead and order a cometic head gasket and get a thicker one to lower the compression a little. And also order some headstuds.

Back