B18C5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedRacer4Life

Do i need to lower the compression on an integra type r engine if i want to hook up a turbo?

find a good tuner and you dont have to...

But if you ask that question, then i would give you the answer YES
*simply becasue u had to ask, shows u are new to this*

good luck

The whole "I got an are, now lets turbo it" is stupid. You paid close to 5 g's on an Allmotor power plant, now your going to have to either redo the internals (fun, more cash!) or just boost in very low amounts which will not yeild that much. When for half the cash, you could turbo an LS or a GSR for half the price, boost to higher levels, and have cash left over for internals. The Type R was designed as one thing, an engine (and car) the is perfect to go straight to a road course with maybe 3 mods. New brake fluid (on the car) pads, and tires. Then you have a perfect road racing car. IF you turbo the engine, your wasting a pefrectly good NA powerplant. Honda has put NA components in there. You would defently need new cams, the compression is way too high, the gear is pretty high. :rant:

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 2 2003, 01:37 PM
The whole "I got an are, now lets turbo it" is stupid. You paid close to 5 g's on an Allmotor power plant, now your going to have to either redo the internals (fun, more cash!) or just boost in very low amounts which will not yeild that much. When for half the cash, you could turbo an LS or a GSR for half the price, boost to higher levels, and have cash left over for internals. The Type R was designed as one thing, an engine (and car) the is perfect to go straight to a road course with maybe 3 mods. New brake fluid (on the car) pads, and tires. Then you have a perfect road racing car. IF you turbo the engine, your wasting a pefrectly good NA powerplant. Honda has put NA components in there. You would defently need new cams, the compression is way too high, the gear is pretty high. :rant:

he's got a point. the b18c5 is made more for all motor builds. if you wanted turbo, you should have got a b18c or b18b.

Originally posted by BMM8764+Oct 3 2003, 01:28 AM-->
asmallsol
@Oct 2 2003, 01:37 PM

he's got a point. the b18c5 is made more for all motor builds. if you wanted turbo, you should have got a b18c or b18b.

i agree......plus the B18B's are easier to replace..if it BLOWS

i if you have a B18C5 and you have the turbo and MONEY, then do what u want.

i personally would only turbo a LS motor, or B18C1....but i dream if getting a hold of a poor R motor so i can boos the bastard, but that only happeneds after i win the lotto, OR before i woke up.

GSR and turbo that,,good gearing, good oem cams with turboing, 10:1 compression ratio so you have a lot more leah way as far as boost. If tuned right.

Back