b18cr, wont rev past 5500 rpm & no vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, yes. since it's been OBD1 so long, i've forgotten my roots lol

That is quite alright, it happens. I am going to sleep, im beat.

Well I did try and reply last night but seems you people have me on a moderation q.. even though I've not done anything wrong.

however I have taken note to your suggestions and tried a different ecu (p28 on crome) today.... still absolutely no difference to the revvs... but as vtec engagement was lower on this ecu.. vtec change over happened.

But still will not rev past 5500

any ideas?

Bring your car to my shop. I'll fix it. Other than that, I need to see exactly what is under your hood. Something isn't correct here.

I'd love to, located over in wales, UK (GB) so thats not going to be an option really.

not really sure where to go from here.

would pics of the engine/looms or anything help?

Not exactly. I would just take it to a tuner shop and have them look at it. It needs to be diagnosed. Good luck, very sorry I couldn't help out any more.

Problem now fixed, diagnosed through a friend - rather than a shop

Turns out we had used a d-series fuel line from the fuel filter to the rail - changed for a b-series one. The car now runs smoothly

here's a video as evidence
YouTube - b18cr vtec

come to think of it.. could of made a video before it was fixed, may of helped with diagnosis

Man, I am THRILLED that you got your problem taken care of. CONGRATS! Happy driving. :D

Back