B20 85 Rex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iquark

Well, a few of my friends an I are looking into an 85' crx for 450$, because we need a new project since we finished mine. What we want to do is go B20 in a gutten rex and see what we can do, but I was wondering how much work it would be to put a B20 in? What I am worried about is that we would have to buy custom new mounts, and that would be an extra 300$ that we don't have, or want to spend on something else (like a turbo manifold.) Well, any help would be appreciated, and if you have something to chip in about what a B20 rex is like that'd be appreciated too,

Thx

Ian

If the CRX isn't an Si model, forget it. All the 1st gen CRX's are carburated cars, adn the wiring would have to be completely redone, along with SOOO many sensors needed, etc.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 13 2003, 12:46 PM
If the CRX isn't an Si model, forget it. All the 1st gen CRX's are carburated cars, adn the wiring would have to be completely redone, along with SOOO many sensors needed, etc.

Not to mention the fuel system to support high fuel pressures in the fuel rail...

I don't mind the wiring so much, as this is a project car, but on the fuel system couldn't I just take the stuff from the half car I'm getting the engine from? Also, what sensors would be needed that didn't come with the swap? I'm asking because none of us have done any work on first gen rex's before.

Originally posted by rextec@May 14 2003, 06:47 AM
try about $650 for mounts from hasport!!! :eek:

From HAsport,but you can get them for $450 other places.I think Hybrid garage has then fairly priced.

So the only way to go is with the hasport mounts? As you guys can see I don't have a lot of experience witht this chassies...

don't forget the axles and shift linkage from hasport those are expensive as hell
If you really wanna hook up your ride go to www.redpepperracing.com it is a very informative site that tells you everything you need to know about 1g crx's

Originally posted by Iquark@May 14 2003, 08:49 PM
So the only way to go is with the hasport mounts? As you guys can see I don't have a lot of experience witht this chassies...

Not that the are the only way to go,but they are the proven best,and worth any extra you may pay over the other mounting systems.

Well, thanks for your help guys, I guess I've got to look around for a 2g rex.

Originally posted by whatdahieu@May 15 2003, 10:46 AM
If you really wanna hook up your ride go to www.redpepperracing.com it is a very informative site that tells you everything you need to know about 1g crx's

I can't believe I didn't know about that site... It's HEAVEN for 1st gen CRX/3rd gen Civic people!! :)

Back