B20 95 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvemyegg

i have a 95 that has a b16, the b16 went out and i want to do a b20 non vetc for the moment while i build my head. i know i can use my axels and my tranny. but what i dont want to have to do is put a diff. harness. and do i use the same motor mounts? can someone please help me.
thank you

From my knowledge.....you also need to switch out the intake manifold for a B18B one b/c of hood clearance issues.

Everything else should be fine. You may need to use some accessories from the old motor but everything should be straight forward.

thanks, im also wondering if i can use my dc header from my b16 untill im ready to do my vtec head swap, some people say it fits and some say no it does not fit. and also will my b16 intake manifold will work because i live in gay ass corpus christi and there are no ls motors lol

maybe...
they bolt up the same
but the B16 header might not fit the taller B20
some do some dont

you can check the manufacturers site and see if they show different part numbers for the 2 different headers
even then though its still a maybe

your b16a header "may" fit, you might just have to go without the tranny brace under the motor, the b16a intake manifold should work well on a b20. get some cams and a tune and that thing will be a torque monster. you might want to swap the ls fifth gear so its drivable on the highway.

I used a DC B18B1 4-1 on my B16 when I changed motors......no issues at all. Plug and play to my cat.

Now if that header was specific to the B16....you may have a fitment issue at the oil pan.

That will work ^^

But if funds are tight....a used OBD1 B18B IM could be found for $40-60

yea im gonna order one from hmotorsonline.com and i found a way to use my b16 headers. i just go to wrap the lower half of them

well the B16 mounts are not the same lol found that out the hard way. had to get a b18 mani lol it will all come together

i have got the B20 going but it idles between 1100 and 1300 rpms and later it goes to right above 500 rpms what do i check or what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back