B20 95 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check/Clean IACV......

And.....check electrical timing with a timing gun. Make sure to follow correct procedures (service plug must be used)

And/Or.....do an idle learn procedure (aka adjust idle per manual instructions)

ok thanks bro. the timming is good. my buddy adj the screw in the throttle body and droped it down to 500 rpm but when its cold it bounces from 1100 to 1200, any help would be helpful

You cannot mess with that idle screw without following the "idle learn procedure". It will work for a moment but it won't last (turn car off....same crap all over again)

1) get car to operating temp

2) turn car off

3) unplug IACV electrical plug

4) start car (will idle real low....may need to give it a little gas and then ease off)

5) with car idling (real low) adjust screw (B16's and B18C's should be set to 450-475rpm's)

6) turn car off

7) plug IACV in

8) unplugged "back-up" fuse for 15-20 seconds (located in fuse box in engine bay)

9) plug fuse back in and start car....once to running temp....see if idle is better

10) did I ask or did you state......any engine codes??

i have a cel on but i dont know the codes yet. would it be better if i videoed what is doing and then post it up? so you can see what im talking about

No, man. Please check the codes.....like ASAP....thats trouble shooting 101

A paper clip and ten minutes of your time

i have a cel on but i dont know the codes yet. would it be better if i videoed what is doing and then post it up? so you can see what im talking about

Wake up foolio.

No, man. Please check the codes.....like ASAP....thats trouble shooting 101

A paper clip and ten minutes of your time

I gotta go over there and swap a computer case this morning, I'll pull the codes too :) If he ever wakes up.

hahaha. yea i know i need to pull the codes. i just know what some are gonna be case the crank sensor not put on, things like that. thanks a bunch cafrog

can i use the GSR jackson racing supercharger on my B20? they have the same bolt pattern. dont they?

It's like a stripper with pimples on her butt. She has to take care of the pimples before she can expect to make tips.....unless she strips on Tuesday afternoons.....bullet wounds, stretch marks and pimples are par for the course in that time slot.

i cant put a crank sensor on a obd1 harness and the knock sensor.

Yes ...you can. If you have the plugs, and you should since you have the harness, you just use the pig tail and tie in some wire and route it to the ECU.

i cant put a crank sensor on a obd1 harness and the knock sensor.

Knock Sesnor is one wire to ECU and one ground that I put on the thermo ground spot.

I routed mine to the ECU and used adonor pin with a pigtail and pushed it into the spot on a ECU plug

Crank sensor.....get an OBD1 off an LS....it will definitely work.

Wait....if you are running he correct ECU for your swap (OBD1 P75 ECU)......it dot have a knock sensor....period. So you wouldn't need to run/connect crap. Just get the crank sensor and.....O2/????/????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back