B20 95 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it accept all the OBD1 plugs or did you need a jumper to connect.

If it connected normal.....it's an OBD1 ECU. No knock sensor. Get a OBD1 crank sensor too.

an OBD1 crank sensor from a da integra or like a 95 gsr. and does my harness have the pig tail? and no i just put the ECU in didnt do anything to it

If ECU plugged straight in.....it's OBD1 and you're good to go.

Crank sensor for a 94-95 Integra LS/GS/RS. It may be the same as a GSR but I would look for B18B1 first.....not B18A1 or B18C.

Explain the "pigtail" please. My reference to a pigtail was for donor pins if you needed to run lines for knock sensor or VTEC (which you do not need)

Last edited:
an OBD1 crank sensor from a da integra or like a 95 gsr. and does my harness have the pig tail? and no i just put the ECU in didnt do anything to it

Pigtail should be on the B20 harness. Where did you get the P75? U-Pull-It? If so we can get get it off that harness, when we go to get my Maxima transmission valve assembly that you're going to install :p

Oh hey, I found a SATA cable, thanks though.

Last edited:
ok cool. i got the p75 from i guy i know. and if i cut the pig tail off the b20 harness how do we wire it up. cut the old style off and add that one?

Just remove the whole length of wire from the plug to where it's cut, heat shrink it so it's pretty and just run it through the firewall to the ECU and pin it in where it goes. You know the yellow and black wires for vtec that are there? Those were added when the VX motor went in that chassis before I got it, same thing with the CPS.

i have not found out what the CEL codes are yet. but i will. i dont know why but my car jumps 1100 1200 for a bit then drops to 500 and will stay that and not die but i cant use my A/c cause it shakes and feels like it wants to die but does not die. so i raised the idle up to right under 1000 RPMS. and when i turn on my A/C the car shakes even more and drops to about 500 RPMS or under. I just want it to run right and be able to use my A/C. can anyone help!?

It's frustrating to have you still continue to question why the car ain't running right when you got CEL's, should be running a different ECU and a crank sensor. I really wish you would get those things dealt with before you go any further. Messing with stuff has a high probability of causing you more problems once you finally get going in the right direction. I would get a better suited engine harness in there too.

what harness should i look for. and this is pretty much the only help i have so dont get so mad or so annoyed at me. if i was back at home in dallas my friends and i would bbq and make a night of it. i am using a p75 ecu thats what everyone told me to buy and i did, and i also asked if my harness would work and everyone told me i could use this harness. so with what i got what do i do?

Your chassis uses two piece set up. The engine harness connects to both sides of the shock towers and then....those plugs go inside the cabin. Seems like you are using the B20 harness? Is it an auto harness? The last few post where you talked about some pigtail and such....I got real confused.

I would run the engine harness that was already in the car for the B16 (if everything electrical was fine before). But if it's gone....I would run a 92-95 Civic harness. (non-VTEC or a D16Z6). Any plugs that don't match....well....it should only be the dizzy, injectors, and alternator. Me? I would switch out those things for OBD1. It's not the cheapest option. Many will just splice the needed plugs off the OBD2 harness onto the OBD1 harness. OBD1 ECU but no FITV (OBD2 TB) could cause cold idle problems but guys run without FITV's all the time. I would run a B-Series OBD1 TB....but that's me.

Now that you got a OBD1 ECU in.....checking codes is that much easier. Have you located the service plug under the dash and near the right side of the glovebox?

its a D16 harness. i will check the codes this weekend. thank you for your help. as soon as i find the codes i will post them for you to see when i pull em

I promise it only takes a few minutes to the the code(s). Do you know how to read the flashes?

yea, im a automotive tech i know it sounds funny but im an ase tech lol i worked at bmw porsche and lamborghini of dallas but i cant figure this shit out if i cant plug my 5000 dollar dlp scanner to it. owell. yes i do to answer your question

Don't let a school teacher who's a weekend grease monkey school
An ASE certified mechanic lmao

Is it (findin these codes) like visiting the dentist and you just don't want to know what has to be done??

well ive had the car for almost two years and i cant cut a brake im just not feeling it really anymore you can ask my wife we have put over 5000 into this car and i have only maybe had like a month of drive time. that and im trying not to buy cheap stuff. no bro school me all you want thats how i get better your doing me a favor lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back