B20/b16 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a b20 b16 swap which worked fine at first but now verytime I accelerate the motor dies off unless I keep the clutch in full way and acelerate to about 2500 rpm and let go of the clutch I really need help! Any thoughts?

about what rpm does it die at. It could be the distributor causing a problem.

D the motor dies off imediatly if I don't keep my foot on the clutch it's like I can't accelerate without burnin my clutch

the iacv wont cause it to die out like that.. if the map sensor was bad it would throw a code, you could try a different ecu but doubt that too..

I have a jdm obd1 p72 would the cel codes be the same as the usdm and would I be able to run my swap with that because the ecu I have doesn't even have the sticker with the ecu number so idk wat ecu It could be. I kno I need the usdm p72 for me to run my car but other than the iacv no other codes have been thrown up wat is another possibility for this problem

i dont know much about the jdm ecu's but i think they dont have the emission shit in them so that could cause a problem. maybe someone else here knows about them. but the iacv will only cause it to rev up and down.

JDM P72 does not look for an Evap Purge Solenoid but it still looks for O2 sensor. From my knowledge...its the only difference in terms of OBD1 sensors/plugs/wires. Mine had a PCV and O2 but no Evap Purge. I got a B16A3 IM and hooked up the purge to my USDM harness and USDM P30. My motor has been converted over.

I don't mean to be an ass but you really need to deal with the code first. ALWAYS deal with the easiest stuff first....like codes your ECU is telling you. Try to clean the IACV and see if that makes the code go away. Its really hard to figure out a problem when you have your ECU telling a problem first. You IACV is bad or dirty or you might have bad wiring issues somewhere.

Besides the iacv we found that if we unpluged the sensor maps the car wouldn't do anything or turn off so we think it mite be the sensor map wiring that's bad

?!

Ok so I ches my ecu codes and it says I got bad map sensor and tcm signal b I know what the map sensor is buy idk wat the tcm signal b code is for any ideas

ran the cel codes again and now it's tellin me that it's the vtec solenoid valve and the engine coolent can anybody tell me why the codes would be different from one day to the next?!

have you checked ur tps sensor? i had a 98 gsr with an h22a swap and it did the same thing when my tps sensor went out

Back