B20/B20Z in a 00 civic HX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imlachg1

I have decided to go with either the b20 or the b20z for my 00 civic HX. I have done alot of research(both on this website and on others) about this engine and want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I start this project. Here is the list
  • b20 or b20z engine
  • integra LS shift linkage
  • LS ecu (p75) which is OBDII
  • B series axles (will any due?)
  • GSR tranny (hopefully with LSD)
  • Something about throttle cables, I believe from a B16a? I need some help here!
  • LS intake madifold if it is just a b20. If it is a b20z I can use the stock one.
Would I need a del sol ac bracket? Cause I still want my AC. The real question that I have here is what kind of motor mounts do I need to perform this swap? Keep in mind I have a 00 civic HX. Can anyone give me any more info here. Any info would help. Thanks you guys. Also after it is all set and done. How much do you think it would cost me to do this swap after I have it sitting in my engine bay. Keep in mind that I and a friend of mine will be doing the swap. Thanks again.

-Geoff-

yeah sounds good thus far, I believe that your going to need the bracket that comes on that motor, might be able to use the ls one but not sure..

hrmm, will that ECU work out? My car is running on a 92-95LS OBD1 ECU, which has no problems except for inspection. correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the LS ECU has some immobilizier feature that prevents you from using it. i ended up having to get a fake tag for now.. the only thing i can think of is finding a manual LX or DX and temporarily swaping it for inspection. 99 EX w/b20z

here's my stuff in bold...
  • b20 or b20z engine the b20z will be easier to wire. look for that if you can.
  • integra LS shift linkage any 94+ teg shift linkage will work.
  • LS ecu (p75) which is OBDII MAKE SURE that the ecu is OBD2b!!!! the obd2a WILL NOT PLUG IN. you need one from a 99+ (maybe 98 too) ls teg. consult hondata.com/techecuid.html to see a pic of the pinouts. the obd2b will plug right in, the obd2a will not.
  • B series axles (will any due?) yup, any 94+ teg/del sol vtec/99-00 civic si
  • GSR tranny (hopefully with LSD)
  • Something about throttle cables, I believe from a B16a? I need some help here! throttle cable you get for the manifold you use. if you are using the stock b20z (not b20b, as that "giraffe" style won't fit/clear your hood) you should use the 94+ teg LS throttle cable
  • LS intake madifold if it is just a b20. If it is a b20z I can use the stock one. yeah, thats what i just said above... but the "just a b20" you speak of, is actually a B20B.
Would I need a del sol ac bracket? Cause I still want my AC. yes, if you want a/c, you need this mount to make the compressor work.
The real question that I have here is what kind of motor mounts do I need to perform this swap? consult our 6th gen swap guide. its all there.
Keep in mind that I and a friend of mine will be doing the swap. Thanks again.

Originally posted by imlachg1@Oct 4 2003, 09:53 AM
HOw much did your total swap cost you? And how do you like it?

$4k for complete swap. actually about $4.3 cause I got a stage 1 clutch. It's a bit more pricey than most shops charge, but the engine was a '00 w/11,000 miles. Also, his work and service is superb. The only problem I have is an occasional difficulty in starting where I have to punch the gas to get it to start. I think it's the fuel pump, since it's +.04 liters but is still running off the civic fuel pump. I'm still saving up for a turbo kit =)

Back